Subject: Buy a Barbarian Pledge for $180? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A person is selling his Barbarian pledge for approx $180 since it is possible to change the adress in the PM.

I missed this KS and the game looks very fun, however I an not super excited about it... But I love to paint and I like the minis.

The shipping has been paid for and I have payed way more to get KS exclusive minis for other games... and comparing to the retail prices in Sweden I can´t get away cheaper with all those extras. But I wish it was a King pledge though and that I could get some addons.

And I have a friend that went all in and if I play the game at his house with everything maybe my own game will feel a little thin?

So what would you do?

(I also have like seven or eight Kickstarters due to be delivered in the next year so I have plenty of minis to paint...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
For a Barbarian pledge? Pass.

King pledge was the only real way to go with this kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Welker
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:

Agreed. I obtained the King pledge because, wow, tons of stuff and a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F74N -=O=-
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will still have tons of extra minis, but no the extra mini's on the king pledges. I thing it could be a good offer depending on how good are the minis of the SGs that aren't going to be included into the 120$ base game in retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Welker wrote:
Hillean wrote:

Agreed. I obtained the King pledge because, wow, tons of stuff and a reasonable price.

Heh. I recall when the KS was running how everyone was bitterly complaining that the King pledge didn't provide enough value to warrant the extra $45
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinkster wrote:
Mike Welker wrote:
Hillean wrote:

Heh. I recall when the KS was running how everyone was bitterly complaining that the King pledge didn't provide enough value to warrant the extra $45

And then we saw in the auctions that the King pledge was going for $400+! Glad I spent my $150 (with shipping).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sold off my King Pledge + 6 of the exclusive add-on figures for $350. I spent about $220 on the game and after fees I didn't make much off of it. My goal wasn't to make $$$ off of it. I really just didn't want to have a $200 game on my hands when I still haven't played a lot of games that I own. With the extra money I did make though, I can at least buy some games that my young kids will play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:

Personally I think the Barbarian pledge was the better value at $90 with stretch-goals (or doesn't it include all of them? vs $135 with a few extra things. If one add upwards $40 in shipping cost too and it become $130 vs $175 then kings pledge look less bad.

On the other hand as such I don't consider $180 all that expensive even though it's a bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget if you got the King Pledge you had to get the Add-on campaign art book for $20 as well. I mean can you imagine having the extra characters, creatures and exclusive content but not having the scenarios to go along with them? Why this wasn't added to the KP as digital content for free, I'll never understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike B Canada wrote:
Don't forget if you got the King Pledge you had to get the Add-on campaign art book for $20 as well. I mean can you imagine having the extra characters, creatures and exclusive content but not having the scenarios to go along with them? Why this wasn't added to the KP as digital content for free, I'll never understand.

Because it was a $20 art and mission book that was almost a guaranteed buy for anyone wanting the King pledge. Why give it away when people will most definitely buy it?

That and when you tack on an art book as a stretch goal, people fuss and cry about not caring about the art book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinkster wrote:

Yeah, the King's Pledge really only adds a handful of exclusive figures. Not that much.

The Barbarian Pledge is by far the better value for money.

For the completionist, however, the King's Pledge is the only way to go.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike B Canada wrote:

I manage to buy a King pledge with the art book addon (the seller changed to my adress in the PM). The Barbarian pledge sure was cheaper but this is what I wanted and I am happy with it, looking forward to the game.

Thanks everyone for your input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hulting
Sweden
flag msg tools
eatem wrote:
Mike B Canada wrote:

I manage to buy a King pledge with the art book addon (the seller changed to my adress in the PM). The Barbarian pledge sure was cheaper but this is what I wanted and I am happy with it, looking forward to the game.

Thanks everyone for your input.

I'd love to hear what you think of the campaign you got with your King pledge. I managed to get a Barbarian pledge just recently, but sadly found out it didn't include any campaign play. Instead I bought the Conan Board Game crossover campaign from Modiphius Kickstarter for the Conan RPG. Maybe it could be something for you as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/robert-e-howa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.