Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A rumor I've just been served that it is to be rereleased with expansion and edited. I can find no confirmation of this but hope spring eternal and so I put it the geek mill. I am betting on nothing here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yahh! It's like playing Jeopardy!...

The answer is:
"Glory To Rumor"

The questions are:
"Rumor demands... a release date, which art being used, and which edition rules are available"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is this the same rumor that it was on a boat and headed to the US last year? That one was coming from someone who was supposed to work with CGF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
prrt949 wrote:
Is this the same rumor that it was on a boat and headed to the US last year? That one was coming from someone who was supposed to work with CGF

We don't know for sure it wasn't on a boat. Maybe it hit that same supernatural vortex that claimed certain copies of the BBE in 2012.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
prrt949 wrote:

This boat:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time you post a rumour in the News section, an angel gets explosive diarrhea. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
Every time you post a rumour in the News section, an angel gets explosive diarrhea. shake
That's what REALLY killed the dinosaurs wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:

...time to reset my "It has been # days since an angel got explosive diarrhea clock."

You know, I really didn't think it would take that much maintenance when I created it. As it turns, out: bad clock. Bad clock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
To my knowledge, the are currently no plans for a reprint. I'm no longer involved in CGF (if it still exists) but I would likely have heard. I retain hope that Ed will license the game or sell the rights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rseater wrote:
To my knowledge, the are currently no plans for a reprint. I'm no longer involved in CGF (if it still exists) but I would likely have heard. I retain hope that Ed will license the game or sell the rights.
Huh... if it no longer exists, then is it safe to say no one will contest if anybody prints their own copy anyways?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krsnaji wrote:
A rumor I've just been served that it is to be rereleased with expansion and edited. I can find no confirmation of this but hope spring eternal and so I put it the geek mill. I am betting on nothing here.

What does you've "been served" mean?

This thread is click-bait garbage without more information.

Edit: quote grammar and spelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:

Yes, clearly, I did not really know where I should post my query regarding a rumor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAHHHHHHH wheres the emoji for click bait? It should be a mouse pointer at the end of a fishermans hook....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy bemoaning the lack of reprint once in a while.

Lets get back together in 2018. It will be a Glory to Rumor reunion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Mesa wrote:
prrt949 wrote:

We don't know for sure it wasn't on a boat. Maybe it hit that same supernatural vortex that claimed certain copies of the BBE in 2012.
Or maybe the same fated ship that destroyed all those copies of Through the Ages a few years back...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdrog2 wrote:
GAHHHHHHH wheres the emoji for click bait? It should be a mouse pointer at the end of a fishermans hook....

"click bait"
I am simply curious about a rumor.
I did not know where to post my query.
I really do not understand the putative emotion here. Who really cares?
Is it some weird emotional investment in our toys and games?
I like games, heck we all do, but is this really about something deeper? ... ego, self esteem , identity .... what?
Have fun with games, that is about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't call it click bait.
Click bait would be if someone wrote "glory to rome reprint" without a question mark. When the poster is asking if anyone knows about it, but the title suggests they are announcing it.

You heard a rumor, I see nothing wrong with posting and asking about it cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Krsnaji wrote:
mdrog2 wrote:

"click bait"
I like games, heck we all do, but is this really about something deeper? ... ego, self esteem , identity .... what?

Where did you hear this rumor? That would be a good start to your inquiry.

"I heard this guy named Ed somethingorother say..."
"I was talking to Publisher XYZ and they said..."
"I was walking past some guys at GenCon and they were talking amongst themselves..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
Krsnaji wrote:
mdrog2 wrote:

"click bait"

"I was walking past some guys at GenCon and they were talking amongst themselves..."

Not really I just heard a fellow who had just finished a game with someone else's copy say as much at a meetup. I poked around a bit online and asked about ... nothing ... so I inquired here. I find the response here rather interesting and oddly offended ... kinda weird ego investment in this single wee game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Krsnaji wrote:
darthnice wrote:
Krsnaji wrote:
mdrog2 wrote:

"click bait"

Not really I just heard a fellow who had just finished a game with someone else's copy say as much at a meetup. I poked around a bit online and asked about ... nothing ... so I inquired here. I find the response here rather interesting and oddly offended ... kinda weird ego investment in this single wee game.

I don't know why you should be offended? People are just pointing out that there are always threads about reprint rumours or people asking if GtR will be reprinted. This gets brought up all the time. If you look through this forum there was a reprint post 4 months ago, 5 months ago and other one 6 months ago, all on the first page of recent posts. People have gotten their hopes up about this game in the past and will undoubtedly continue to do so.

Additionally your original post was very vague and made it seem like you had some solid information on a reprint. I bet I'm not the only one confused about what "a rumor I've just been served" means. Nope turns out just some guy talking about it at a game night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Christopher was saying that some of the responses seemed to be from people who were offended by his post, not that he was offended.

Any use of "wee" as an adjective makes me happy, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
katanan wrote:
Krsnaji wrote:
darthnice wrote:
Krsnaji wrote:
mdrog2 wrote:

"click bait"

I don't know why you should be offended? People are just pointing out that there are always threads about reprint rumours or people asking if GtR will be reprinted. This gets brought up all the time. If you look through this forum there was a reprint post 4 months ago, 5 months ago and other one 6 months ago, all on the first page of recent posts. People have gotten their hopes up about this game in the past and will undoubtedly continue to do so.

Additionally your original post was very vague and made it seem like you had some solid information on a reprint. I bet I'm not the only one confused about what "a rumor I've just been served" means. Nope turns out just some guy talking about it at a game night.

Yep, obviously. A rumor I've been"served" was not clear enough, a tad too poetic and provokative? Somehow as it qualified "rumor" somehow ambiguously enough to justify some reactive souls to opine their sadly lenghty history of this strange pet peeve re this game. Certainly if I'd only but researched the... history of my question? Clearly, I should have simply used the word "heard" not "served" (KISS)- none of this reactionary recrimination would have been provoked? Right? No one will own their silliness here, certainly not me.
I hope to play this game again. I like his other "available" titles well enough and find them fun and interesting.
enough said

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
rseater wrote:
Huh... if it no longer exists, then is it safe to say no one will contest if anybody prints their own copy anyways?

Similar question to you -- or perhaps those of us who have invested the time in redrawing all of the artwork could trade those on the marketplace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
aaj94 wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
rseater wrote:

Similar question to you -- or perhaps those of us who have invested the time in redrawing all of the artwork could trade those on the marketplace?

So I had a spare set that was made from one of my (then) two German edition sets, and I only traded the custom box, boards, rulebook, and cards I'd had printed with the german edition base game and expansion. To me, that's kosher. You have the final PnP product and a proverbial license for it.

I've made a couple PnP games to see if I like the game cause I couldn't find a copy anywhere nearby, but I don't divest myself of them without a copy of the intended game. I think there is a line in the sand there about appropriate behavior. Maybe that's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sniezek
United States
Dorchester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rseater wrote:

As of July 2016, I also am no longer involved with CGF.

While I cannot fathom the mind of Ed, I can confirm that cards for a [GTR IV] reprint physically exist, and that they have been shipped to Europe (along with all of CGF's warehouse) as of July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.