$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 65.11

4,592 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.9% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

5 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:



God isn't evil, but he created evil. So what's your point?

And besides, if the all-powerful creator of all things is evil, doesn't that mean you should bow in terror right now?

But no, you don't do that. Why? Because God is patient, allowing you to keep speaking against him day after day.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
God isn't evil, but he created evil. So what's your point?

And besides, if the all-powerful creator of all things is evil, doesn't that mean you should bow in terror right now?

But no, you don't do that. Why? Because God is patient, allowing you to keep speaking against him day after day.
He could be patient and evil.
16 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
God isn't evil, but he created evil. So what's your point?

And besides, if the all-powerful creator of all things is evil, doesn't that mean you should bow in terror right now?

But no, you don't do that. Why? Because God is patient, allowing you to keep speaking against him day after day.
He could be patient and evil.


God is a democrat?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let me ask this:

Do you think it is likely Evil would create Good? Rather, we see time and time again that Good creates something that turns out to be evil...

and then overcomes that evil.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Let me ask this:

Do you think it is likely Evil would create Good? Rather, we see time and time again that Good creates something that turns out to be evil...

and then overcomes that evil.

Without Good there could be no evil, nor any despair.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Let me ask this:

Do you think it is likely Evil would create Good? Rather, we see time and time again that Good creates something that turns out to be evil...

and then overcomes that evil.
Pretty likely, what fun is there torturing other evil things?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
(Did not watch the video.)

Sarxis wrote:
Let me ask this:

Do you think it is likely Evil would create Good? Rather, we see time and time again that Good creates something that turns out to be evil...

What are some of your examples of capital-G Good creating something that turns out to be evil?

And, yes, I do think it's likely that Evil would create Good. A big part of Evil is the desire for power over others, and for that, you need others.
11 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:


And besides, if the all-powerful creator of all things is evil, doesn't that mean you should bow in terror right now?



Well we know he isn't all that great because if he was good or evil, he would have gotten rid of the other one.

So I'm playing the law of averages. He doesn't really have time to check in on what I do so I'll just go in the side door while he is out having a smoke.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh fuck not this shit again.
13 
 Thumb up
1.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
Sarxis wrote:


And besides, if the all-powerful creator of all things is evil, doesn't that mean you should bow in terror right now?



Well we know he isn't all that great because if he was good or evil, he would have gotten rid of the other one.



Well, you should explain it to him then. I mean seriously, you are all so wise and know why things are the way they are - you understand the purpose of all things, and the end result of all actions taken. How dare God rule the things that he has created the way he does!

Surely the created is wiser than the creator. [Can't even get to Proxima Centauri on your own, but yeah!]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
God exists, but the Bible was written by men. If every Christian took this to heart, the religion would stop being horrible.

(and by that I mean large swaths of the religion. I realize that it does a lot of good in the world too)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
God exists, but the Bible was written by men. If every Christian took this to heart, the religion would stop being horrible.

(and by that I mean large swaths of the religion. I realize that it does a lot of good in the world too)


If I write a note on a sticky tab, didn't my pen write it?

You just don't understand spiritual things, so you think that the end result (physical action) is merely reactions to physical stimuli. But the beginning and end of all the things we see in the physical are the result of what is invisible; even Physics teaches us that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
God exists, but the Bible was written by men. If every Christian took this to heart, the religion would stop being horrible.

(and by that I mean large swaths of the religion. I realize that it does a lot of good in the world too)


If I write a note on a sticky tab, didn't my pen write it?

You just don't understand spiritual things, so you think that the end result (physical action) is merely reactions to physical stimuli. But the beginning and end of all the things we see in the physical are the result of what is invisible; even Physics teaches us that.


People are not pens. They are fallible and have free will, two things that the Bible teaches.

You just don't understand spiritual things, so you need to believe the Bible is the infallible word of God to anchor yourself from the reality which none of us fully understand.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
so you need to believe the Bible is the infallible word of God to anchor yourself from the reality which none of us fully understand.


You just made two assumptions about what I believe.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
so you need to believe the Bible is the infallible word of God to anchor yourself from the reality which none of us fully understand.


You just made two assumptions about what I believe.

You did the same, so it must be ok to do that, right?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
so you need to believe the Bible is the infallible word of God to anchor yourself from the reality which none of us fully understand.


You just made two assumptions about what I believe.

You did the same, so it must be ok to do that, right?


Very good Yes, I don't really know what any of you know. But it is safe to assume that someone who claims prophecy and scripture are just "Men's words" does not understand spiritual things.

Just like you don't know if I find the Bible fallible, or that my reason for believing it is to deny reality.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
so you need to believe the Bible is the infallible word of God to anchor yourself from the reality which none of us fully understand.


You just made two assumptions about what I believe.

You did the same, so it must be ok to do that, right?


I'd assume so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
so you need to believe the Bible is the infallible word of God to anchor yourself from the reality which none of us fully understand.


You just made two assumptions about what I believe.

You did the same, so it must be ok to do that, right?


Very good Yes, I don't really know what any of you know. But it is safe to assume that someone who claims prophecy and scripture are just "Men's words" does not understand spiritual things.

Just like you don't know if I find the Bible fallible, or that my reason for believing it is to deny reality.


I never said it was "just" men's words. Way to make more ASSumptions, sir.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
so you need to believe the Bible is the infallible word of God to anchor yourself from the reality which none of us fully understand.


You just made two assumptions about what I believe.

You did the same, so it must be ok to do that, right?


Very good Yes, I don't really know what any of you know. But it is safe to assume that someone who claims prophecy and scripture are just "Men's words" does not understand spiritual things.

Just like you don't know if I find the Bible fallible, or that my reason for believing it is to deny reality.


I never said it was "just" men's words. Way to make more ASSumptions, sir.


I'd like to reply, but the big battle scene at the end of 'Turn' season 2 is starting!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:



I can certainly see why, if he's an atheist and takes the Bible literally -- especially the early parts of Genesis -- he might come to that conclusion! I take those passages allegorically, and see deep meaning in them.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_santafe wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:



His problem is that he takes the Bible literally. Consider the stories of Adam and Eve, for instance, or of Satan being an angel who rebelled against God and was physically cast out of heaven -- these stories, taken literally, don't make sense. As allegories they have deep significance.



Thank for watching the video.

Do you take the entire bible allegorically?

Are there any parts you take literally?

What would you say the allegory of god drowning every living thing including innocent babies (except one family) means?

The complete lack of biblical support for the "age of accountability" is interesting. And the point that you should logically kill children before they reach the age of accountability to ensure they are saved is logical.

I found the conclusion of being unable to sin in heaven means people lose free will to be logical. The thought of worshiping yahweh for eternity is chilling to me.

I also find the parts about yahweh setting humans up to fail and then punishing them for failing.

Iseah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”


9 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah here it is... at 13m15s.

You won't remember your life on earth. Your friends. Your children. Your family.

Isiah 65:17
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Instead...
Revelation 22:3
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Matthew 4:10
10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.


So just endless serving and worshiping of yahweh... for a thousand years. then for a million years. then for a billion years. then for a trillion years. and that time is less than a second to eternity.

yahweh sounds a bit like kim jon il but with a longer lifespan.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
I found the conclusion of being unable to sin in heaven means people lose free will to be logical. The thought of worshiping yahweh for eternity is chilling to me.

I've always been confused about this since apparently the Angels could sin in heaven.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
I found the conclusion of being unable to sin in heaven means people lose free will to be logical. The thought of worshiping yahweh for eternity is chilling to me.

I've always been confused about this since apparently the Angels could sin in heaven.


You CAN sin in heaven, (though you will then leave if you do of your own free will just like the fallen angels did) you just won't. Having via Free Will here on earth learned you don't want to go down that path and therefore already having made the choices about who you are going to be... here where you were able recover from making those kinds of mistakes.

Just like you COULD go out and start murdering people tomorrow Mac, but you won't. Not because you can't but because that is not who you have chosen to be.

Do any of you who have chosen to not be murderers in the here and now think your free will is irrelevant because you don't do every possible sin?

But if at some point you do decide to become a murderer, you will no longer be the person you are now and who you want to be around will also change eventually.

Sinners who wish to remain unrepentant will not want to be around God or others who have chosen to renounce those paths. Which is why they will chose to run away from the light into the darkness.





4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [34] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.