Support:

J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ann Coulter just published a new book, In Trump We Trust.

One key point in the book:
Quote:
there’s nothing Trump can do that won’t be forgiven… except change his immigration policies.

Trump announced his new grand reversal on immigration the night Coulter held the launch party for her book! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Too, too beautiful.

I expect Trump to actually lose some percentage points over this. It's too late for him to undo the damage with that crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That tall, skinny dude is still writing shitty fiction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

Too, too beautiful.

I expect Trump to actually lose some percentage points over this. It's too late for him to undo the damage with that crowd.

Listened to a piece on this tonight.

Anti-immigration trump followers believe trump is lying now to win the presidency so it doesn't hurt his chances with them.

It had about a half dozen direct (recorded) quotes from a conservative talk radio show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, looks like I was wrong.

Reports of his followers booing him

and of ann coulter being incredibly pissed are now on youtube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Dangerous
mb
If Trump doesn't get on top of this 'pivot' it's going to torpedo his campaign.

You just don't 'pivot' on the main issue that your base wanted you to fight for. And Coulter's Tweetstorm is dead on accurate- Trump's pivot is just using the same language he used to savage Jeb Bush and Mario Rubio during the primaries about immigration reform.

Well guys-
If Trump is the 'new political genius' that some desperately want him to be, he's going to need to show it here. Cuz this move was bonehead stupid.

You just don't bite the hand of your base like this, so blatantly, this close to the General Election.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sequel is entitled In trump we trust and by God did we bust!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Well guys-
If Trump is the 'new political genius' that some desperately want him to be, he's going to need to show it here. Cuz this move was bonehead stupid.

Still waiting on Scott Adams to tell us Neanderthals how this is a bold 3D chess move that our tiny monkey brains can't even begin to fathom, even as it works its Persuasion magic on us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyin' Ted is loving life again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Too, too beautiful.

Anti-immigration trump followers believe trump is lying now to win the presidency so it doesn't hurt his chances with them.

It had about a half dozen direct (recorded) quotes from a conservative talk radio show.

Well I called this a thread ago, of course his supporters will turn a blind eye to this, I await Ms Caulters verbal gymnastics with anticipation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Too, too beautiful.

Well I called this a thread ago, of course his supporters will turn a blind eye to this, I await Ms Caulters verbal gymnastics with anticipation.

Basically she said

"Well of course trump has to say that as part of his pivot so he can ...er..zheorherh... ZOMG YOU IDIOT I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU. You had one fucking job to do and that was keep your position on immigration!"

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/in-trump-we-trust-author-an...

Quote:

Coulter flew into a rage on Twitter Wednesday evening and mocked Trump’s new stance as tantamount to the “amnesty” proposals that he used to mock candidates such as Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio for backing.

Only part he left out was the "hoops" they'll have to jump through! Trump:"No citizenship. Let me go a step further—they'll pay back-taxes"

— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) August 25, 2016

Trump: "they have to pay taxes, there's no amnesty" [Pro Tip: "Back taxes" means we pay illegals $30k apiece in EITC.}

It's not "amnesty." It's "comprehensive immigration reform"!!!! Trump: "they have to pay taxes, there's no amnesty."

Well, if it's "hard," then nevermind. Trump: "… to take a person who's been here for 15 or 20 years ….It's a very, very hard thing."

It's "hard" to deport someone who's been here FOUR YEARS! https://t.co/Ajbon3TcDP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Too, too beautiful.

Basically she said

"Well of course trump has to say that as part of his pivot so he can ...er..zheorherh... ZOMG YOU IDIOT I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU. You had one fucking job to do and that was keep your position on immigration!"

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/in-trump-we-trust-author-an...

Quote:

Coulter flew into a rage on Twitter Wednesday evening and mocked Trump’s new stance as tantamount to the “amnesty” proposals that he used to mock candidates such as Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio for backing.

Only part he left out was the "hoops" they'll have to jump through! Trump:"No citizenship. Let me go a step further—they'll pay back-taxes"

Trump: "they have to pay taxes, there's no amnesty" [Pro Tip: "Back taxes" means we pay illegals $30k apiece in EITC.}

It's not "amnesty." It's "comprehensive immigration reform"!!!! Trump: "they have to pay taxes, there's no amnesty."

Well, if it's "hard," then nevermind. Trump: "… to take a person who's been here for 15 or 20 years ….It's a very, very hard thing."

It's "hard" to deport someone who's been here FOUR YEARS! https://t.co/Ajbon3TcDP

http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/08/25/ann-coulter-criticizes-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If these people are allowed to stay but can't become citizens but have to pay taxes (includnig back taxes)...... what happened to 'no taxation without representation' - the reason why the USA came into being?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Ed_the_Red wrote:
If these people are allowed to stay but can't become citizens but have to pay taxes (includnig back taxes)...... what happened to 'no taxation without representation' - the reason why the USA came into being?

Eh? I'm not a citizen, but here legally & pay taxes. Why would I expect a vote?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed_the_Red wrote:
If these people are allowed to stay but can't become citizens but have to pay taxes (including back taxes)...... what happened to 'no taxation without representation' - the reason why the USA came into being?

The United States has a "Worldwide Tax Base" approach to taxes (an awful approach that needs addressed, but that's neither here nor there). Because of that approach to "Worldwide" taxes, if you work in this country, even if you aren't a citizen, you have to file a US income tax return and pay taxes on income earned around the world - citizen or not.

The worst part about it is that if you live and work in this country (say, on a work VISA or with a "Green Card") and you still have bank accounts back in your country of citizenship (say, Scotland, for example), you have to actually disclose that ownership or "beneficiary interest" in that bank account to the IRS via FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) - and you aren't even a citizen! But since you are working here and earning money here, the IRS and FinCEN, by default, considers you a criminal unless you specifically tell them that you have a bank account in Scotland!

To make the FinCEN requirements even worse, if your great-uncle sets up a trust for you in a foreign country and lists you as a beneficiary, and you don't tell the IRS and FinCEN that you are the beneficiary of that trust, then you are a CRIMINAL and the IRS has the authority to take more than 50% of the balance EACH F*&KING YEAR! And it doesn't even matter if your great-uncle set up that trust and didn't even tell you about it, you are still obligated to report that bank account/trust!

I hope that explains a little bit of why conservatives hate the IRS so much - and liberals should be JUST AS OUTRAGED, but since the IRS is the collection enforcement branch of the liberal's "social engineering" machine, they look past the "shit in the stream" that is the IRS.

I also find it rather disingenuous that they become surprised when US based companies "invert" and move their headquarters out of the United States. Duh! No shit they would do such a thing given that the US tax code is so damn onerous for US-based companies!

(Sorry, just my rant against the IRS as I butt up to yet another tax reporting deadline, all while dealing with two different clients that are being targeted by the IRS for failure to disclose foreign bank accounts in their country of citizenship while working on American soil. I thoroughly detest the IRS).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
I hope that explains a little bit of why conservatives hate the IRS so much - and liberals should be JUST AS OUTRAGED, but since the IRS is the collection enforcement branch of the liberal's "social engineering" machine, they look past the "shit in the stream" that is the IRS.

I think you would be hard pressed to find any supporters of our current tax system. We are in desperate need of comprehensive tax reform. The devil is in the details though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh here's another one: looks like Trump's campaign chief has committed voter fraud:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/26/steve-bannon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Oh here's another one: looks like Trump's campaign chief has committed voter fraud:

And been charged with domestic abuse.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election...

The dumpster fire burns brighter and brighter with every passing day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Ehn this one is 20yrs old. It is just more proof he's awful, but not the same sort of zinger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
jmilum wrote:

Looks like someone had that one primed and ready to fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Too, too beautiful.

Which is ironic considering how they believe Hillary constantly lies and how bad that is for the country. I guess lying is OK if Trump does it. The end justifies the means?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
Darilian wrote:
Well guys-

Still waiting on Scott Adams to tell us Neanderthals how this is a bold 3D chess move that our tiny monkey brains can't even begin to fathom, even as it works its Persuasion magic on us.

Scott Adams will be saying such nonsense all the way until Clinton crushes Trump in November. Even then he won't admit he was wrong. He'll probably brush it off as "our monkey brains weren't able to comprehend the genius that is Trump" and voted for Hillary because we're all idiots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
aiabx wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Ehn this one is 20yrs old. It is just more proof he's awful, but not the same sort of zinger.

True enough. More evidence of sloppy vetting work by the Trump team than a sign of an imminent arrest, but it's still bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Oh look, all of the sudden Jmil is interested in voter fraud ! Oh wait, voter fraud never happens. so confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Oh look, all of the sudden Jmil is interested in voter fraud ! Oh wait, voter fraud never happens. so confusing.

Not confusing at all. Pointing out the hypocrisy in the right's whining about voter fraud and having one of their leader participate in it. It is aside from the fact that no one has ever brought up proof of massive voter fraud that serves as the excuse for voter id laws.

I realize nuance confuses you. Have a friend explain it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.