Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the knight go through dark tiles ? Or does she have to stop and reveal it ? Thematically I would think she could travel through dark tiles .. Also can the thief travel through dark tiles ? Or Un flipped tiles I should say

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Knight must always reveal and encounter dark tiles that she enters.

The Thief can move freely through dark tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense .. Can I be attacked on a dark tile ? I mean the thief .. While I know the bow can be shot into a dark tile but not through it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Goblins and the Dragon can attack the Thief on a dark tile.

The Knight would have to reveal and resolve the tile before attacking the Thief (all as part of a single encounter).

She could also shoot him with the Enchanted Bow (not the standard Bow) anywhere up to 5 spaces away in a straight line, even if there are walls or dark tiles in between.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does the goblin lose population if he was forced to move through two lite tiles from the able player or does he only lose it if he moves his own charachter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Goblins have to be moving voluntarily to lose Goblins from light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks loving the game playing it now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the cave play does crystal curse and the cave play rotates the tile to open edges does he get to lay tiles dark side down to cove the new open spaces

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
If the cave play does crystal curse and the cave play rotates the tile to open edges does he get to lay tiles dark side down to cove the new open spaces
Yes, open edges always get filled. That's a good, inexpensive way for the Cave to add tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
But there are risks to this gambit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting .. We're all asking what's the risk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you open up 2 edges, you place 1 tiles, and draw 1 tile. That tile might be a Crystal right? Now you are placing a Crystal where you don't want to.

I have also ended with some terrible tile placement this way, but ehn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're noticing the cave has to he's finding it hard to get all the tiles out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I tell new players to try spending half their omens directly on slowing the other players down, instead of dumping it all into hatred.

Using Treasures on tiles only touching 1 tile can get the Knight to flip it for you, if its a tile with 4 openings that places 3 tiles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomi Mononen
Finland
Kuopio
Pohjois-Savo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
If you open up 2 edges, you place 1 tiles, and draw 1 tile. That tile might be a Crystal right? Now you are placing a Crystal where you don't want to.

I have also ended with some terrible tile placement this way, but ehn!

OOO so the crystal placement rule is always on, not just on the cave players one placement... That certainly balances the game out. We played the cave a bit wrong. That must be the reason why the cave won both games...

PS. Thank you for this magnificent game. It will definitely stay in my collection.

PSS. I must say this is even more fun than Scythe ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the rule is on during the Caves turn only (but during the Caves entire turn, not just the last tile placement).

Hence tile played because Knight explorers tile = Cave choice (not crystal first).
Tile played because Cave rotated tile = Crystal first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomi Mononen
Finland
Kuopio
Pohjois-Savo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:
My understanding is that the rule is on during the Caves turn only (but during the Caves entire turn, not just the last tile placement).

Hence tile played because Knight explorers tile = Cave choice (not crystal first).
Tile played because Cave rotated tile = Crystal first.

Yes this was officially confirmed

As I asked on Facebook

Just to clarify the Caves Tile placement. If the cave player has a Crystal tile in his hand.
A) He has to place it always first
B) He has to place it first on his own turn only
C) He has to place it on the 2. part of his turn only

Leder Games B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
open edges always get filled

Is this true also when Goblins use Flare? I was playing a solo goblins game and wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The only time open edges do not get filled is after the collapse has begun. Otherwise, no matter who is playing and no matter who's turn it is -- open edges always get filled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TimOfLegend wrote:
Quote:
open edges always get filled

Is this true also when Goblins use Flare? I was playing a solo goblins game and wasn't sure.

I feel as if we should make a this is always true page of the rules and yes the outside edges are always filled whether by the Cave or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
I feel as if we should make a this is always true page of the rules and yes the outside edges are always filled whether by the Cave or not.

I concur. I sense there are some fundamental rules to this game that got lost in the details for each player. Overarching design principles perhaps. I wasn't part of the design threads going on during the KS, and I know sometimes stuff gets overlooked as obvious once you've become too familiar with the ruleset.

Like for a while I thought "roll the dragon die and if it affects the center space..." meant a 1 in 6 chance of it happening, that only the "1" side was meant. Little things like that get overlooked as obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
Can the knight go through dark tiles ? Or does she have to stop and reveal it ? Thematically I would think she could travel through dark tiles .. Also can the thief travel through dark tiles ? Or Un flipped tiles I should say

Woelf wrote:

Curious, but where in the rulebook does it actually say that the Knight must reveal a dark tile when moving onto it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:
Woelf wrote:

Curious, but where in the rulebook does it actually say that the Knight must reveal a dark tile when moving onto it?

I just checked and I couldn't find it. But it's been mentioned in these forums a few times by the designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:
noahshu wrote:

Woelf wrote:

Its pretty weakly worded and I am fixing that. It does tell you what is optional though, not that it helps.

I updated the FAQ with this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
kiloforce wrote:

Its pretty weakly worded and I am fixing that. It does tell you what is optional though, not that it helps.

I updated the FAQ with this question.

Perfect, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.