Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Perez
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you complete a solo game, do you get points for completed life goals? The rules say to ignore the instructions at the top of the card, but don't say anything about the points. Getting points makes getting to 50 very easy, but not getting points makes Live Fast, Die Young difficult to obtain (haven't done it yet). Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played it that you do not get the points for the life goals...just that they have to be completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You do NOT get the points from the Life Goals. The top of the card that is supposed to be ignored is exactly that, the condition and the points gained. You just look at what is in the SOLO RULES section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Perez
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I figured. Otherwise, in Solo,you can get scores into the 70s and above with those points.

However, in the regular game, the 9 points balance the Live Fast, Die Young card. Without it, I can't seem to score 50 while going for that goal. Are people having the same issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Popesixtus wrote:
However, in the regular game, the 9 points balance the Live Fast, Die Young card. Without it, I can't seem to score 50 while going for that goal. Are people having the same issue?
I had that goal in a solo game and really won by the skin of my teeth. It's doable, but quite difficult, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had it as a goal in a solo game I played tonight and won with 60 points...other two goals were 5 items and 5 activities...I was able to jump right to a rocket scientist in my early 20's and then retired at the end of the same decade...so it was giving me 4 points over 4 or 5 rounds, which really helped out. It certainly is one of the more challenging goals when playing solo. I was using overtime almost every round (since being retired allowed me to rest).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Stearns
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
Had it as a goal in a solo game I played tonight and won with 60 points...other two goals were 5 items and 5 activities...I was able to jump right to a rocket scientist in my early 20's and then retired at the end of the same decade...so it was giving me 4 points over 4 or 5 rounds, which really helped out. It certainly is one of the more challenging goals when playing solo. I was using overtime almost every round (since being retired allowed me to rest).

The four point reward on rocket scientist is a one time thing. You don't keep getting that in retirement. You only get the six coins reward under the upkeep column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.