Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an email today with update to BGG.Con. It says:

Quote:
Hello BGG.CON Attendees! You are receiving this message because you either attended BGG.CON 2015 and/or are registered to attend BGG.CON 2016.

I'm pretty sure I'm still on the wait list...did everyone get this email?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Quote:
Hello BGG.CON Attendees! You are receiving this message because you either attended BGG.CON 2015 and/or are registered to attend BGG.CON 2016.

Did you attend BGG.CON 2015?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the author forgot to say that it also includes those on the wait list for BGG.CON 2016.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
McKinney
TX
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Quote:

Yes, I received the email. I attended in 2015 and am registered for 2016.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
That email went out to everyone on our "BGG Conventions" email list - those who gave permission to be contacted when registering for a BGG event. We started it last year I think, so it includes everyone who registered for BGG.CON Spring and Fall since 2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Villa
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to find out my status on the wait list and what are my chances of getting tickets to attend from the wait list.

Do people sell their tickets closer to the con as they have to cancel? If I am willing to pay twice the cost of the tickets to someone selling, will I have an opportunity to do so and where would I look to find people selling their tickets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
char(filter(1,[1 -1],[66 5 0 -39 82 -3 -12 8 8 -82]))
mbmbmbmbmb
dajebriza wrote:
If I am willing to pay twice the cost of the tickets to someone selling, will I have an opportunity to do so?

No. Selling tickets at higher than the price the original buyer paid for them is a big no-no and will get the seller kicked out of all future BGG.CONs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
LiteBulb88 wrote:
dajebriza wrote:
If I am willing to pay twice the cost of the tickets to someone selling, will I have an opportunity to do so?

No. Selling tickets at higher than the price the original buyer paid for them is a big no-no and will get the seller kicked out of all future BGG.CONs.

The buyer may also get sanctioned, IIRC.

Of course, that only applies if BGG finds out about it, and I know there have been "premium" sales that were never officially known about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
dajebriza wrote:
Is there a way to find out my status on the wait list and what are my chances of getting tickets to attend from the wait list.

Do people sell their tickets closer to the con as they have to cancel? If I am willing to pay twice the cost of the tickets to someone selling, will I have an opportunity to do so and where would I look to find people selling their tickets?

I'm Geekmailing you your current spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
That email went out to everyone on our "BGG Conventions" email list - those who gave permission to be contacted when registering for a BGG event. We started it last year I think, so it includes everyone who registered for BGG.CON Spring and Fall since 2015.

Huh. I wonder if I chose not to be contacted....

How would I view or change that preference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
mbmbmbmbmb
Premium Sales are frowned upon and can carry some [deep, booming voice] heavy penalties.

As Chris mentioned though it has happened behind the scenes before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.