mb
"When hunting, laying snares,
and whaling, reduce the
value of your roll by one for
each ore (even preprinted
ore) on the whaling boat(s)
you are using to perform the
action (you keep the ore)".

From page 18 of the recent published manual.

If I am understanding correctly, if you have a whaling boat, you get -1(or -2) to the dice roll of a Hunting Game action even though the action space itself on the board doesn't have a whaling boat depicted in it? Same case for laying a snare? If so, this will be tricky to remember during play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kieritz
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
That rule has the part: whaling boat(s) you are using

How many whaling boats are you using to hunt?
I would say you use one for the right whaling action, all of them for the left whaling action and none of them for the hunting and laying snares action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Timbo_ wrote:
That rule has the part: whaling boat(s) you are using

How many whaling boats are you using to hunt?
I would say you use one for the right whaling action, all of them for the left whaling action and none of them for the hunting and laying snares action.

I thought the same way initially , but why mention the hunting game and laying a snare actions at all if that was the case?

Thanks for the reply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gannon Dubay
United States
West Henrietta
NY - New York
flag msg tools
I found there are several instances where the rules lump multiple actions' descriptions together that could result in some confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook wrote:
"When hunting, laying snares and whaling, reduce the value of your roll by one for each ore (even preprinted ore) on the whaling boat(s) you are using to perform the action (you keep the ore)"

That is not correct, the ore is used for whaling only! It should read:

When whaling, subtract 1 from your roll for each ore (including the preprinted one) on the whaling boats you use for the action. (Keep the ore.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.