Potion Explosion» Forums » General

Subject: Number of marbles provided rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Has anyone played this with 3-4 players and find that the number of marbles left limit your turns? Seems like going first or second gives you an advantage as you get full five rows to pick from, but playing later in the game will have more of the rows depleted. I assume in a two player game, this wouldn't be too much of a problem, because only two players are holding marbles, where at higher player counts more people hold onto marbles. Is it in the nature of the game and balance, to make it more cutthroat at higher player counts?

Also would you think it would change the game and balance, if you bought more marbles to add in? I can only find fully solid Chinese checker marbles that don't really have the same look as the ones provided in the box. =/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew CARLESS
Italy
Inveruno
MILANO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you putting marbles back into the box-thing (the one you have to make) every time a potion is completed? We have never had a shortage of marbles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
I haven't played the game yet, still waiting for the my preorder. Its just that I've seen some video demos, and certain lanes could have their marbles low on stock due to other players not fully completing their potions as well as holding them in the reserve. Because more players are holding more marbles, the choices seem more limited at higher play counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.