Epic Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: When is Epic: Uprising coming? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Any idea when we will see an increase in card pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think last we heard was December. Maybe someone will weigh in with something more specific though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Arnold
msg tools
mbmb
happyjosiah wrote:
I think last we heard was December. Maybe someone will weigh in with something more specific though.

It was said the set would be out around the Holidays. There is no more info than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they start previewing cards pretty soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Holidays seems to be the big release time for WWG. They are putting out Hero Realms then too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
Uprising will be available as an add-on in the Hero Realms pledge manager.
Hero Realms ships in 2 separate waves. One estimated for October and the other in January. The question is, which wave will Uprising be delivered in? and will backers get to see the expansion before retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent!

Conan is coming...
Winter is coming...

Looks like it's some time between Conan and Winter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Meow
badge
Moooh
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope not @ KS.

It feels bad if I have to pledge to a game I don't want to (Anything Realms) just to get my expansion.

Ian, any news on when the expansion will come in? How many new cards will it feature?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ionas wrote:
I hope not @ KS.

It feels bad if I have to pledge to a game I don't want to (Anything Realms) just to get my expansion.

Ian, any news on when the expansion will come in? How many new cards will it feature?

The KS is over. Imagine if Hero Realms backers can get it in October but you have to wait until January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Meow
badge
Moooh
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a distribution disaster to me. But meh, I still love the game and can't wait for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

A date has not yet been chosen. It will be the same size as Tyrants. Nothing more I can say, really.

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking forward for a better print quality than were the Tyrants, this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Meow
badge
Moooh
mbmbmbmbmb
IanWWG wrote:

A date has not yet been chosen. It will be the same size as Tyrants. Nothing more I can say, really.

Ian Taylor
White Wizard Games

Does size imply card pool size? So 48 cards?
Does size imply packaging as well or will you opt for more customer-friendly packaging and pricing? (It is not like I have a personal problem, however I cannot gift away dozens of Epic boxes, not because the game is expensive but because the expansions are. I did order 5x4 expansions only to realize that the vendor did an error and sold them missleading as a 4 packages for the price of 1... and then canceled all but one set and didn't spread the game through my friends because of the price of expansions)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Meow
badge
Moooh
mbmbmbmbmb
XehutL wrote:
I am looking forward for a better print quality than were the Tyrants, this time.

The worst about it, and more or less unfixable is the different tint across base game, ks expansion and tyrants. Then also the frames did change a very bit I believe. But that's "okay".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ionas wrote:
IanWWG wrote:

Ian Taylor
White Wizard Games

Does size imply card pool size? So 48 cards?
Does size imply packaging as well or will you opt for more customer-friendly packaging and pricing? (It is not like I have a personal problem, however I cannot gift away dozens of Epic boxes, not because the game is expensive but because the expansions are. I did order 5x4 expansions only to realize that the vendor did an error and sold them missleading as a 4 packages for the price of 1... and then canceled all but one set and didn't spread the game through my friends because of the price of expansions)

I believe that it is yes to both questions. 48 cards in four boosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic: Uprising preorder on Coolstuff Inc. slated for November. All 4 packs for $13.49.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Meow
badge
Moooh
mbmbmbmbmb
I am paying 11 EUR for 63 ANR cards and I bet the retail for Uprising 4-pack will be more like 17 EUR :/.

I am still going to get it, just not give it to my gamer-friends. Or for constructed, for that matter.

Thanks for letting me know. Nov. CSI preordered sounds great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I extensively discussed the pricing model with WWG when Tyrants was first announced (at the time, I was still playing Epic constructed, but at 50-60€ for a small expansion, I couldn't justify it). I ended up not getting Tyrants. I guess I won't be getting this, either. I am still hoping for a big box expansion, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
Epic: Uprising preorder on Coolstuff Inc. slated for November. All 4 packs for $13.49.

That's cool it's up for preorder. My question is, should I do that, or buy it via the Hero Realms kickstarter that should be coming in theory? Will it be cheaper or easier to get? Which one? When will we find out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamjuven wrote:
andrewkapish wrote:

That's cool it's up for preorder. My question is, should I do that, or buy it via the Hero Realms kickstarter that should be coming in theory? Will it be cheaper or easier to get? Which one? When will we find out?
Same.

Hero Realms backers will receive their rewards in 2 waves – the first wave is estimated for October (a month before Cool Stuff's estimate) and the final wave is estimated for January (2 months after Cool Stuff's estimate).
Either way, you WILL pay more by going though the Hero Realms KS, but backers may see the expansion a month earlier than everyone else.
Keep in mind that these are all estimates. Lots can and probably will change.

I'd imagine an update from WWG outlining which items will ship in each wave before the Hero Realms pledge manager launches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An article on ICV2 confirms a November release.

Quote:
Epic Card Game is getting a small four-pack expansion in November, entitled Epic Uprising. Each pack comes with 12 new Epic cards and a double-sided token, featuring powerful new Champions and Events. All four packs have MSRP $4.99 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Meow
badge
Moooh
mbmbmbmbmb
Found Epic Uprising pre-order for 3.70 EUR/Pack: https://www.fantasywelt.de/Epic-Card-Game-Pack-Uprising-Expa...

So the complete Epic Uprising Expansion is 14,80 EUR. Still expensive but maybe not insanely, like Tyrants.

Did anyone find better pre-order prices in Euroland?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice White
msg tools
andrewkapish wrote:

Do we know if CSI did what they needed to do to get these early? Missing the KS to order early is frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember these available through any KS add-on, but I could have been blinded by the All-In commitment on Hero Realms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:
I don't remember these available through any KS add-on…

Read this.
Epic Card Game Kickstarter Update #39 wrote:
"We will have news on the next Epic set (Epic Uprising) soon. Backers of Hero Realms will be able to order Epic Uprising in the Pledge Manager."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.