Istanbul» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mosques rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr Eclipse
msg tools
Hi all,

Three rule questions (and sorry, English is not my first language):

1) If I stand at a mosque and I can take two steps to the police station, can my action be to place the family member from the police statioon on the mosque I came from (effectively performing the same action I had just left?)
2) You need 5 rubies to win the game. The handcart has extensions for more resources. Do you need three extra extensions for the total of 5 rubies, or can they be placed regardless of the number of handcart extensions?
3) The last game I played with 5 people, the winner had 5 rubies while all others had 1 or 0. She went to one of the mosques, wasn't hindered by another player, then took the other mosque building two turns later. I had epxlained the rules that every subsequent action on that mosque that she took after purchasing both buildings gave her a ruby. So after buying both buildings, she stepped out and in and took the rest of the rubies in approximately 6 turns. Is this played correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Sagel
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played in a while, but I hope my memory is good enough to answer your questions...

1. Yes, that is allowed.
2. You can place the rubies regardless of the cart extensions. The extensions are only needed for the goods.
3. That seems wrong. On the mosques, you can take an "extra ability" tile if you have enough resources. You can only pick up each different ability tile once. If you have both types from the same mosque, you get one ruby, and not more.
So this player should have had no more than two rubies from visiting the mosques, and only if she managed to collect enough resources to pick up the ability tiles (which seems unlikely in six turns).

I hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Eclipse
msg tools
@3, so if I understand correctly, from both the Mosques one player can never gain more than in total two rubies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rene_407 wrote:
@3, so if I understand correctly, from both the Mosques one player can never gain more than in total two rubies?

Correct, you can only take one ruby from each mosque, and one for completely upgrading your cart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you buy the second tile at a mosque, you get a ruby. Not after every tile. You will also need to pay for the tiles with the goods in your cart.

When you buy the third cart extension, you get a ruby.

So, that's 3 rubies total you can get from the mosques and carts. All the other rubies should come from the jeweler (in trade for money) or the ...uhmm...other one (in trade for goods).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Eclipse
msg tools
Thanks! This really clears it up.

Apparently we have played this game wrong the last 5 times modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.