Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I'm new here, so if this is the wrong place I am sorry.

I'm wanting to give Risk a try as I've heard it is pretty good, but I don't want to fork out the full price (doesn't cost a lot, but still), and not like it.

Is anyone on here selling their copy?

I'm from the north of England.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have any thrift stores in your area you should check them out. Various versions of Risk are often found at very low prices in second hand shops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rocksnrolls wrote:
If you have any thrift stores in your area you should check them out. Various versions of Risk are often found at very low prices in second hand shops.
Pretty much see a copy a week in the charity shops down this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've checked in the local thrift stores and they don't have it. Gonna check another one today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly - welcome to BGG. Each and every game on BGG has it's own entry which will include a lot of information and data about that particular game. Risk has it's own entry (type Risk in the empty seach box at the top to see) and it also includes all the marketplace listings from members of BGG who have copies of Risk for sale (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/181/risk/marketplace). Only a couple from the UK which you may wish to consider.

Otherwise I can offer you a brand new copy still in shrink for GBP20 including postage. It is an unwanted gift that I have been sitting on for months. If you do wish to purchase my new copy, I will do an entry on the BGG Marketplace for you to accept as this gives BGG it's 3% commission which it collects on all sales through the Marketplace.

As a last thing - Risk obviously has it's supporters, but if you have the time to search much of this site you will discover so many other great games, a lot of which I have to say put Risk well at the back of the field. Maybe try Risk then think about trying one or two others. The site will give you all the options and pros and cons. This is how so many of us started on this joyous voyage of discovery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Welcome to BGG!

I'd also recommend that you consider checking out a lot of the RISK variants. There's a whole ton of really fun games based on RISK, or that use the RISK name.

You can start by typing "risk" into the search bar above, or just click here. If you can find any of these at your local thrift shop, I'd give them a try - they'll give you the flavor of RISK, but (in my opinion) will be much more fun!

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkatronics wrote:

I'm wanting to give Risk a try as I've heard it is pretty good, but I don't want to fork out the full price (doesn't cost a lot, but still), and not like it.

If you lived near me, I'd give you a copy. I find them in thrift stores about 3 times per month. Keep at it. You will find a copy for really cheap.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
halbower wrote:
kirkatronics wrote:

If you lived near me, I'd give you a copy. I find them in thrift stores about 3 times per month. Keep at it. You will find a copy for really cheap.

Good luck!

They'd very nice of you mate, it's a Shame you don't.
I've messaged someone seeking their copy cheap but they haven't got back to me yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.