$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Guilds of London» Forums » Rules

Subject: What happens to the Second Place Reward Token if it is not Resolved? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If only the first player reward is awarded, but there is no second player reward (no second player present, or a tie), what happens to the Second Player Reward token?

Does it:
Go back into the second player reward token pool
Go back in the box?

Thanks,
T.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it goes back in the reward pool. That's how I've handled that situation in my plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Valladolid
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first play we put them in the box and ran through the ones that were left over from set up. We ultimately ran out of those and then mixed up the one from the box to populate new tiles. Not sure if that is the correct way to do it, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
svalladolid wrote:
In my first play we put them in the box and ran through the ones that were left over from set up. We ultimately ran out of those and then mixed up the one from the box to populate new tiles. Not sure if that is the correct way to do it, though.

Can you run out?

A two player is fixed at 25 tiles
A 3 player game uses 10 at game start then adds 20 tiles (4 Growths each add 5 tiles) so a total of 30 tiles
A 4 player game uses 10 at game start then adds 18 tiles (3 Growths each adding 6 tiles) so a total of 28 tiles

The game has 30 2nd play tokens, so there should be exactly enough for a 3 player game, and more for the 2 and 4 player game.

I've only played the game once so far, we discarded the unclaimed tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
svalladolid wrote:

Can you run out?

A two player is fixed at 25 tiles
A 3 player game uses 10 at game start then adds 20 tiles (4 Growths each add 5 tiles) so a total of 30 tiles
A 4 player game uses 10 at game start then adds 18 tiles (3 Growths each adding 6 tiles) so a total of 28 tiles

The game has 30 2nd play tokens, so there should be exactly enough for a 3 player game, and more for the 2 and 4 player game.

I've only played the game once so far, we discarded the unclaimed tiles.

Played a 4 player game today and there are cards that let you add additional tiles to the board, so it does seem to be possible to run out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure tony answered it in another thread, that the 2p reward token goes back in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.