Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
odes spielekiste
Germany
Horstmar-Leer
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can somebody explain the card to me? The german text says, that is an action you can take and buy 1 VP if you already got at least 1 VP this generation.

So plus 1 VP for 3 coins if you already got at least 1 VP.

Is that right? How do you know or proove that you already got at least one VP this generation? Do you have to memorize?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it correct.

If you have trouble remembering if you scored this generation, I guess you could put a cube on your Corp card when you score to help you remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note that this is TR (Terraforming Rating), not any VP. That is, in normal cases you can take this action if you have increased a global parameter or placed an ocean. Some special cards also give TR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played that Corporation. I didn't have trouble remembering if I increased my TR each generation or not, because I was planning out my money and actions each generation to ensure I could both increase TR and have 3 mega-credits left to pay for my Corporation action. If I knew I had no way to increase TR in a particular generation, I didn't bother with saving 3 mega-credits for the Corporation action.

And remember you can do two actions per turn, so if you want to, you can play an action to increase your TR, then use the second action to do your Corporation action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for the records and to avoid any wrong impressions regarding our translation:
The German version of this card says correctly to increase the TR (German: Terraformwert).
It does not say to increase VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
odes spielekiste
Germany
Horstmar-Leer
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DerDiplomat wrote:
Just for the records and to avoid any wrong impressions regarding our translation:
The German version of this card says correctly to increase the TR (German: Terraformwert).
It does not say to increase VP.

Correct! My text was not precise! Pardon me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vandal Bandito
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
But the TR is the basis for VP at the end, so you are buying an extra point and increasing your cash production at the same time for just 3 cash.
Didn't see this corporation at my table yet, but it looks pretty strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kovar
Czech Republic
Prague 6
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But just once per generation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Chaney

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
If you have trouble remembering if you scored this generation, I guess you could put a cube on your Corp card when you score to help you remember.

Since putting a player color cube generally indicates a card's action has been taken this Generation, I'll suggest marking that a TR was gained this Generation with a Resource (metallic) cube, then marking it with a player color cube when taking the action.

This Corporation seems quite strong to me. It has never failed to do reasonably well in our games, but has not been anything like an easy winner, so it would seem to be balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.