6,583 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
41.5% of Goal | left

Support:

David Homchuck
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I understand I need to make a 3 x 5, 15 card grid for the Island, but one of them has to be the Cursed Temple. Do you make that an auto include then select 14 others and shuffle for a random build each time?

Do "explored" locations still contribute threat when they are adjacent?

Does the active location contribute it's threat to the staging area and the adjacent locations? I figured as much but then "Flooded Ruins" states "While Flooded Ruins is the active location, it contributes its threat tot he staging area". So I wondered if all active locations do, or just Flooded Ruins.

Overall a fun quest but I found it a bit confusing the first time through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it's a tricky one.

You should have a total of 12 Lost Island locations between your Grey Havens deluxe expansion and the Temple of the Deceived AP. Just shuffle those and plaice them in a 3X4 grid. Two of them will be Cursed Temples. Then add the 3 Temple of the Deceived cards to the end of the rows.

Explores locations do contribute their threat during staging. Unless a card effect is saying otherwise all of the orthogonally surrounding locations are considered in the staging area.

The active location does not contribute its threat per the normal rules.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Van Meter
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David, I was just in the process of replying that I was equally confused, when my son figured it out. Part of the confusion was the fact that you were thinking that you had 19 locations (counting the "Temple of the Deceived") -- whereas the instructions stated that there should be a total of 15 locations, right? Well, that was our confusion.

My son discovered that even though the fronts of all "Lost Island" cards have the same encounter set icon, if you turn it over, those icons can be different. You have to look closely, but the 4 that are different are the 4 you leave out. Those four are as follows:

1) Lush Garden
2) Lush Garden
3) Forbidden Coast
4) Forbidden Coast

Those four have an encounter set icon (on the back) that are not included in the instructions, and thus need to be left out.

Very confusing! I hope this helps, though! (And thanks, Noah)

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.