$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 117.32

7,120 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
44.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » News

Subject: Digital Legendary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
Just in case some of you don't check out the digital news section of BGG, they pointed out a tweet that advised a digital version of Legendary is coming out 2017 (not any more specific than that.) I got confirmation of this from the Facebook page, digital Legendary due 2017, but no more information than that. As the release date gets closer, I'm sure there will be more news.

As if I didn't play enough board games on my iPad already!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been announced at GenCon a couple of weeks ago actually. See this thread http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1617393/legendary-gets-ios-a...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Noonan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
oh baby this news makes me so very happy!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion iOS anyone?

Where the game is free but the expansions are $30 each.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dog
msg tools
Let's all keep in mind that Legendary does not necessarily mean MARVEL Legendary. Content may be different or original if they can't work the licenses out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
It has been announced at GenCon a couple of weeks ago actually. See this thread http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1617393/legendary-gets-ios-a...


Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
Rygel wrote:
Dominion iOS anyone?

Where the game is free but the expansions are $30 each.


Hopefully not. That Dominion app is being taken down because it's garbage, so I don't think anyone will be following in it's footsteps.

Maybe the pricing will be more like the Sentinels of the Multiverse, which I think is quite reasonable considering the content.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper Christian
United States
La Habra
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually hoping for new with another physical version. Don't get me wrong, I love that we're getting Buffy, but no new Encounters next year? My far fetched theory is once the ink on the contract dries, we'll hear about the IP for digital as well as another game in addition to Buffy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Let's all keep in mind that Legendary does not necessarily mean MARVEL Legendary. Content may be different or original if they can't work the licenses out.


I guess that's true, didn't think of that. That would be a crime! I've played the other Legendaries, but Marvel is my true love.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Ellis
msg tools
timerron wrote:
I'm actually hoping for new with another physical version. Don't get me wrong, I love that we're getting Buffy, but no new Encounters next year? My far fetched theory is once the ink on the contract dries, we'll hear about the IP for digital as well as another game in addition to Buffy.


Was it confirmed that Buffy would be using the Legendary engine and not the Encounters engine? I saw some images where it showed the box with the Encounters branding. The reveal sheets are often wrong so I think at this point unless it was confirmed by UD it could be either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it was. Legendary Buffy uses the same system as marvel. All Encounters name are called Legendary Encounters (Predator, Aliens and Firefly).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Ellis
msg tools
AdelinDumitru wrote:
Yes it was. Legendary Buffy uses the same system as marvel. All Encounters name are called Legendary Encounters (Predator, Aliens and Firefly).


Where was the confirmation or announcement, though? All I saw was a teaser image that showed Legendary Buffy. I don't see anything else for it that would confirm that. Those promotional sheets have been wrong in the past.

I hope it's not using the Encounters system, because I think Buffy would work better without it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1617365/legendary-buffy
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When have promotional sheets been wrong? Solicits are wrong all the time, but i do not remember a promo sheet containing inaccurate info
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Ellis
msg tools
AdelinDumitru wrote:
When have promotional sheets been wrong? Solicits are wrong all the time, but i do not remember a promo sheet containing inaccurate info


I guess I was mixing up the promo sheets and the solicits, but that still looks like pretty generic branding. I saw this image floating out there:

http://slayerevival.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/08...

I'm just saying I wouldn't make an assumption without an official word from UD. Then again, I wasn't at the announcement. Maybe they said it there. I haven't seen anything else other than that one image on the reddit posting. Nothing in the UD blog, etc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.