Subject: Angel Tears rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card states that if you do not take voluntary corruption, you can choose any result of your choice. Since the rule book calls corruption benefits "bonuses," results seems to imply dice result. Also the wording result itself seems to imply a die result. So, what exactly does the player get to choose with this item?

The theme of the item seems to suggest that if a player doesn't take corruption, that they can then just take any one of the corruption bonuses they want. If its a die result, then why wouldn't the player always just take the winged sword? We were just confused by the term result as that doesn't jive with anything we could find relating to corruption or corruption bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Bradford
United States
Silverdale
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Okay, so, I'm not with my copy right now, so I can't look directly at the card's wording, but I saw an image of it. I hope this helps.

How I read it is that if you are going to roll for a fight and have the Angel Tears Upgrade, you can decide to NOT take corruption, and then choose any one benefit from the corruption bonuses track. Your options would be (in order on the Corruption Track):

+1 Die to Your Roll
+1 Hit Defense to this Fight
+1 Hit to this Fight
+1 Die to Your Roll
+2 Hits to this Fight
+1 (Result of your choice from +1 Hit, +1 Defense, +1 Corruption Defense, +1 Skill Success)

...OR I'm basing this on an image that has half the card text covered up.
Can you hook me up with the verbatim text on the card? Might be able to assist better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
I would say you get to choose between a Hit, Counter Corruption, Defense and Skill.

Better wording would be nice but I would exclude the Faith symbol (Winged Sword)because it specifically TURNS INTO any other result. The card specifically says that you get 1 RESULT of your choice; if you allowed the Faith symbol you would get 1 result plus one random result, or possibly more with exploding dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Bradford
United States
Silverdale
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lordnine wrote:
I would say you get to choose between a Hit, Counter Corruption, Defense and Skill.

Better wording would be nice but I would exclude the Faith symbol (Winged Sword)because it specifically TURNS INTO any other result. The card specifically says that you get 1 RESULT of your choice; if you allowed the Faith symbol you would get 1 result plus one random result, or possibly more with exploding dice.

This man has a better answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.