Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took me a good while last night to sort my copy into the really useful boxes. It would be helpful if there were pictures of what each component (and alternate component) looked like. For an example, check the Dead of Winter rules. Each component is named and pictured and a brief description.

It was super helpful that there was a list of components per player (and that most were color coded), but I was never sure which components were which. "Well, there are nine of these swirly tokens, and rulebook says Cave should have nine event tokens, so I guess thats what these are."

It was even more confusing when trying to figure out what components had been upgraded to cooler stuff... "Well, these pretty little gems - are they crystals to smash or are they dragon gems?"

Just a suggestion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Wells
msg tools
AndySzy wrote:
It took me a good while last night to sort my copy into the really useful boxes. It would be helpful if there were pictures of what each component (and alternate component) looked like. For an example, check the Dead of Winter rules. Each component is named and pictured and a brief description.

It was super helpful that there was a list of components per player (and that most were color coded), but I was never sure which components were which. "Well, there are nine of these swirly tokens, and rulebook says Cave should have nine event tokens, so I guess thats what these are."

It was even more confusing when trying to figure out what components had been upgraded to cooler stuff... "Well, these pretty little gems - are they crystals to smash or are they dragon gems?"

Just a suggestion

The wooden component guide is in the file section (link below). I don't have my rule book with me but I feel like the rest of the tokens were shown in there, but I could be wrong.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135750/vast-wooden-compon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jodes wrote:
I don't have my rule book with me but I feel like the rest of the tokens were shown in there, but I could be wrong.

There is no mention of what an "omen token" is. Took me a while to figure it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jodes wrote:
The wooden component guide is in the file section (link below). I don't have my rule book with me but I feel like the rest of the tokens were shown in there, but I could be wrong.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135750/vast-wooden-compon...

That would have been helpful!

The rulebook does show a picture of components next to a list, but it's not always clear what is what. Here's the cave for example:

I can infer which token is which, but it would still be helpful to actually have them labelled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we were a bit slow on this, too, especially with the doubled components ( the wood vs cardboard bits ).

Took us an entire game to figure out the purple wooden blocks were Vault replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am noting all of this. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same difficulty. It took me a long time to figure out what was the goblin rage token, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.