Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean McLaughlin
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently posted on the FFG site - more details on Recurring Nightmares and the 5th scenario for MoM2.
FFG wrote:
Releasing alongside this pack is one brand-new, complete scenario, Dearly Departed. With over two hours of investigation, this challenging scenario tasks you with discovering the truth about a number of emptied graves and disappeared bodies in the Hangman's Hill cemetery. The people of Arkham have begun to see their lost loved ones back on their feet, and the disturbing discovery of numerous missing corpses has put the town on edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Earle
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Crimmins
United States
South Salem
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice... keep the content coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Difficulty = 5/5
Duration = 120-150 minutes

Looks like it should be challenging & a good length to fit a single session.

EDIT: And, the new mission will also take advantage of stuff from the other expansion, if you own them both...
Quote:
The possibilities of this scenario will also be expanded for owners of the upcoming Suppressed Memories Figure and Tile Collection or the Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild expansions to the first edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to this! Hopefully the future sets of minis are a bit easier to get put together - the base box had some rough spots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! It looks like the tiles in the pack also come with the indoor/outdoor indicators that come on the 2nd edition tiles, making them a slight improvement over using the original first edition tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Baltimore
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Nice! It looks like the tiles in the pack also come with the indoor/outdoor indicators that come on the 2nd edition tiles, making them a slight improvement over using the original first edition tiles.

And the new ones wont have those LOS dots on them as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad it's a 2 hour scenario. I don't need any more super long ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Mccrotch
msg tools
We've heard the other will be a rehash of the Dunwich Horror scenario that was in Call of the Wild. No idea how similar though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Might this be a revised version of Mansions of Madness: ‘Til Death Do Us Part?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.J.P. Meijer
Netherlands
Heemskerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately only 1 extra scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meijerc wrote:
Unfortunately only 1 extra scenario?
How many would be fine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.J.P. Meijer
Netherlands
Heemskerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per expansion (which will run about €30 - €40 a piece) I would think 3 or 4 scenario's is fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
meijerc wrote:
Per expansion (which will run about €30 - €40 a piece) I would think 3 or 4 scenario's is fair.

The base game is $100 and comes with four scenarios. Why would a $30-40 product come with four also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Shmo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm with Christiaan - it all feels a little stingey tbh. While the game is great fun these scenarios don't have endless replayability - 3 or 4 plays max for me - so the game is going to live or die on a constant flow of fresh scenarios. Unfortunately it looks more like they'll be drip-dripped out. I'd have expected 3 or 4 with this expansion also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
These aren't 'real' expansions though. They're reprints of 1E material to allow people that don't own 1E to take advantage of the conversion kit and the variety that brings.

I'd expect future expansions to:

1) Have significantly more scenarios
2) Have significantly fewer minis

The one box has, quite literally, two expansions worth of minis and tiles. Indeed, by FFG standards the value for money on the minis is phenomenal. I'd even go so far as to suggest people will be picking these up to use the minis in Arkham/Eldritch also. I'm kinda surprised they're not being marketed that way.

But with such a good deal on the minis, something had to give, which was the scenarios. If you're not bothered about monster and tile variation, and just want more scenarios, I'd suggest passing on these boxes and waiting for the first 'proper' expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
These aren't 'real' expansions though. They're reprints of 1E material to allow people that don't own 1E to take advantage of the conversion kit and the variety that brings.

I'd expect future expansions to:

1) Have significantly more scenarios
2) Have significantly fewer minis

The one box has, quite literally, two expansions worth of minis and tiles. Indeed, by FFG standards the value for money on the minis is phenomenal. I'd even go so far as to suggest people will be picking these up to use the minis in Arkham/Eldritch also. I'm kinda surprised they're not being marketed that way.

But with such a good deal on the minis, something had to give, which was the scenarios. If you're not bothered about monster and tile variation, and just want more scenarios, I'd suggest passing on these boxes and waiting for the first 'proper' expansion.

Exactly. These "expansions" are much more about the minis and tiles than the scenarios.

There's also the added variety having these monster/tile sets will add to the base game scenarios, so don't forget about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can sort of understand the feeling over only having 1 new scenario. The core set does come with a load of other components for that higher price, and the app dev is already done & paid for with the base game (obviously the scenarios still don't write themselves though).

Not that there's a lack of figures/tiles in these expansions. In fact it feels kind of a shame that there's only 1 new scenario (so far) to properly take advantage of that stuff (+ minor variations on previous ones).

Since the total price of both is near that of the base game, and the physical content of the 2 expansions together isn't too far off the base game... I guess 2 scenarios per pack (to give another 4 total, as per base game) might seem fair.

No doubt more scenarios will follow though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Neave-Houghting
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
The base game is $100 and comes with four scenarios. Why would a $30-40 product come with four also?

In the UK the core set is £65, the 2 expansions are £35 each (£70 total - slightly more than the core set) so I also would expect 2 scenarios per expansion, equaling 4 scenarios for similar money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aeggil wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

In the UK the core set is £65, the 2 expansions are £35 each (£70 total - slightly more than the core set) so I also would expect 2 scenarios per expansion, equaling 4 scenarios for similar money.

I'd agree that two scenarios would be reasonable. But not four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Dean Love pointed out, these aren't 'real' expansions.
They contain more or less twice the minis and half the scenarios one could expect for this price. I think it kinda evens out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Neave-Houghting
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
They contain more or less twice the minis and half the scenarios one could expect for this price. I think it kinda evens out.

Granted, but for me personally, the miniatures aren't the main reason for buying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Aeggil wrote:
haroth9842 wrote:

Granted, but for me personally, the miniatures aren't the main reason for buying.

Then for you it's a bad purchase and I wouldn't buy it. There will expansions with more scenarios along soon enough, save for those instead.

In comparison to the base box, no it's not as good value (though again the two together have significantly more minis and tiles than the base game, including far more of the really big minis) but FFG expansions literally never are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Neave-Houghting
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
Aeggil wrote:
haroth9842 wrote:

Then for you it's a bad purchase and I wouldn't buy it. There will expansions with more scenarios along soon enough, save for those instead.

In comparison to the base box, no it's not as good value (though again the two together have significantly more minis and tiles than the base game, including far more of the really big minis) but FFG expansions literally never are.

Yeah, but I will buy it anyway....1 scenario per box is still going to be fun and it will add variety to the other scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.J.P. Meijer
Netherlands
Heemskerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess (just like what is above) the positive of negative is more in what you might prefer. If you want more mini's and tiles then the next two "expanions" are great. If you want more scenario's then you have to wait until furtur notice. Though I wonder,....

Please speculate with me on this part:

Would extra scenario's be profitable for FFG if it is not accompanied by a new expanion (mini's and tiles)?
I mean with the app (the same counts of course for other app driven board games) could have endless scenario's, without adding more tiles and or mini's, but that would mean "in app purchases", though for some strange reason I do not believe they will follow that path.

Having seen that some of the product lines from FFG get a lots of love (e.g. X-Wing, Netrunner, etc) others (that are also populair, e.g. Forbidden Stars) get no news for new expanions. So what will it be for this game? I own Mom2Ed and love it, but sometimes I wonder if the horse I bought is already sick,... zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.