Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
(Not sure where comments about the Battle Manual should go, so how about here...)

In the section on German units, the subsection on the Panzergrenadier squad shows the counter for the Second Line squad. Then in the Squads With a Panzerschreck subsection, the left counter shows a squad with a panzerfaust—i.e. the Panzergrenadier squad—rather than the Panzerschreck squad from Ghost Panzer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
(Not sure where comments about the Battle Manual should go, so how about here...)

I would propose in the forum for Band of Brothers: Battle Manual.

(Perhaps an admin can move this thread there.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Gravey wrote:

blush Didn't even think to check. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Gravey wrote:

Please no! shakecrygulp Not another BoB forum!!! I would much rather see all of the existing BoB fora consolidated into a single forum. It is a unified system, none of the fora are particularly active and I suspect most of the active players/readers have or want all three modules (and more!) anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
russ wrote:
Gravey wrote:

Nothing to blush over -- the inclusion of the battle manual as its own listing just because it has a couple extra scenarios in it is borderline silly. I guess we should create an entry for every LnL Line of Fire mag, every GMT C3i issue, etc whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
joshaubry wrote:
Gravey wrote:
russ wrote:
Gravey wrote:

Nothing to blush over -- the inclusion of the battle manual as its own listing just because it has a couple extra scenarios in it is borderline silly.

Hm, shouldn't that technically make it an accessory, rather than an expansion? If BGG admins are even consistent about accessories vs expansions. But then CaseyN60 would have a conniption, and rightfully so.

How about we all agree to only post in the Band of Brothers family forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
joshaubry wrote:
Gravey wrote:
russ wrote:
Gravey wrote:

Nothing to blush over -- the inclusion of the battle manual as its own listing just because it has a couple extra scenarios in it is borderline silly.

Hm, shouldn't that technically make it an accessory, rather than an expansion? If BGG admins are even consistent about accessories vs expansions. But then CaseyN60 would have a conniption, and rightfully so.

How about we all agree to only post in the Band of Brothers family forum?

Too specific. Perhaps just to the Wargames forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
CaseyN60 wrote:
russ wrote:
Gravey wrote:

Please no! shakecrygulp Not another BoB forum!!! I would much rather see all of the existing BoB fora consolidated into a single forum. It is a unified system, none of the fora are particularly active and I suspect most of the active players/readers have or want all three modules (and more!) anyways.

I kinda got used to that. X-Wing has 44 "Expansions" and, by consequence, 45 forums. At this point, I kind of consider game families to be "proper games".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, it makes sense that a post specifically about the Battle Manual should go in a Battle Manual forum. A lot of people don't own the whole kickstarter bundle, after all, and don't know or care about Battle Manual-specific stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
To me, it makes sense that a post specifically about the Battle Manual should go in a Battle Manual forum. A lot of people don't own the whole kickstarter bundle, after all, and don't know or care about Battle Manual-specific stuff.

It does make sense if you know it exists or have an idea that it might exist. Otherwise, the natural thing to do is post on the forum for the game it came with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribe to the family and be done with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, subscribe to the family. I don't know who created the Battle Manual page, but you are right in that it is not exactly an expansion.

Depressed about the mistakes in the Battle Manual. I did not get to see the final laid out copy. Too bad.

I will ask for the file so that I can start keeping track of corrections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt
United States
Durango
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Jim, or Worthington, could petition the Admins to delete the Battle Manual page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
Maybe Jim, or Worthington, could petition the Admins to delete the Battle Manual page?

The library paraprofessional in me says it should stay (and it should be an accessory).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
blockhead wrote:

The library paraprofessional in me says it should stay (and it should be an accessory).

Yep; it is generally a confusing waste of time for people who own a base game when its forum gets posts about other expansion / promotion item / etc products which aren't in the base game.

And for people with questions about the expansion, it seems easier to search a forum dedicated specifically to that expansion, than a much larger base game forum full of mostly base game topics not specific to the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading the Battle Manual now (and enjoying it - some very interesting stuff, both about the history and about the game design!)

---

I think there is a confusing layout error in section "1.6 Designing a Division", on the second page of that section (why are there no page numbers in the book?):

Bottom of the first column says "Secondary sources helped a lot... These two books in particular were helpful to me."

But what are "these two books"? The section seems structured to show photos of books, then have text talking about them, but there is no photo before this paragraph. I hesitantly guess it they are the 2 books which appear in the second column of this page (The Bloody Triangle) and in the first column of the following page (3rd page of the section) (Panzer Battles - which is inset with the paragraph about "the page from the War Diary of the 11th Panzer"). So those 2 book photos should have appeared before the paragraph about "These two books in particular were helpful to me", I think. Right?

It would have been good to name the book titles in these paragraphs (especially as some of the photos are very blurry / low-resolution with hard-to-read details on the book covers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, those are the two books.

There should have been page numbers.

The photos should not be blurry.

Sorry about that. I did not get a final proof on the Battle Manual like I did on the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.