$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
32.7% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've now played the game twice, but don't find the rules v4.0 to be as clear as they could be. I've found many answers by going through all the rules questions here, but have not found all my answers, so here goes:

1) When deploying units at the beginning of a battle, after deploying terrain, I assume the units can occupy the terrain (hill/farm) immediately during deployment?

2) The rules state that "Occupation of terrain takes one Battle Move, so not by a unit that has already moved or fired."
Does that mean that Horse Artillery (which has 2 battle moves) may not move and then occupy a hill?

3) It also says that "The unit defending a Farm or Hill can be freely
exchanged with another unit located in the same position, but not if either unit has moved or fired this turn.
"
Does that mean it costs no action to swap those two units, and thet both still have their battle move(s) to move or fire?

4) last question is about Woods and Infantry:
Poll
Are you playing with the rules for Woods as per the 4.0 rules, or as originally intended (and as indicated on the sticker)?
as per 4.0 the rules (Cavalry can deploy and enter Woods)
Infantry only (Cavalry cannot deploy nor enter Woods)
      7 answers
Poll created by Nobi

thanks,
Koen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my good wife conquering a Shopping Mall.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavalry Corps did not fight on their own during the Napoleonic wars, they always had some form of infantry support. I use the INFANTRY ONLY set up for woods and it stops marauding Cavalry Corps getting away with ahistorical moves.

I also have a question. I am the attacker and I draw a hill with the idea of placing my artillery there. It says that the attacker places his terrain face up first. The defender has then a good chance of drawing a wood and placing it across from my hill to bugger up my artillery.

I am of the opinion that we should both place terrain face down (attacker still first) and reveal simultaneously. Any ideas on this one?

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
I also have a question. I am the attacker and I draw a hill with the idea of placing my artillery there. It says that the attacker places his terrain face up first. The defender has then a good chance of drawing a wood and placing it across from my hill to bugger up my artillery.

I am of the opinion that we should both place terrain face down (attacker still first) and reveal simultaneously. Any ideas on this one?

I am of the opinion that the defender should have every advantage in terrain setup, to represent their stand on a battlefield of their choosing. I play the rule as written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my good wife conquering a Shopping Mall.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
...I am of the opinion that the defender should have every advantage in terrain setup, to represent their stand on a battlefield of their choosing. I play the rule as written.

Good thinking, Scott.

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grant Dalgliesh was so kind to answer my questions via mail:

Nobi wrote:
1) When deploying units at the beginning of a battle, after deploying terrain, I assume the units can occupy the terrain (hill/farm) immediately during deployment?
1/ Yes

Nobi wrote:
2) The rules state that "Occupation of terrain takes one Battle Move, so not by a unit that has already moved or fired."
Does that mean that Horse Artillery (which has 2 battle moves) may not move and then occupy a hill?
2/ Yes, that’s how I’d read it.

Nobi wrote:
3) It also says that "The unit defending a Farm or Hill can be freely
exchanged with another unit located in the same position, but not if either unit has moved or fired this turn.
"
Does that mean it costs no action to swap those two units, and thet both still have their battle move(s) to move or fire?
3/ Both units use their action to swap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.