GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 83.63
35% of Goal | 27 Days Left
Here's a basic mini-scenario suitable for use in getting used to the basic rules without adding many complications (cavalry, archers, etc.).
i'm in the process of setting this up and haven't playtested it yet, but here you go...
According to the point values it's "close to balanced," but i suspect that the larger force (despite the weaker units) is at an inherent advantage. For better balance, it may be necessary to give the main Carthaginian force some small bonus or hinder the Rebel forces in some minor way (e.g. make the Carthaginian General's units Professionals or remove the Skirmisher ability from the rebel Velites).
- 2x Lusitani Infantry (50 points each)
- Hamilcar or Hannibal (+25%, i.e. 25 points). Note that Hamilcar's special ability (his unit gets the Skirmisher ability) is not useful here because Lusitani Infantry are Skirmishers. It is recommended that his ability be changed to "Hamilcar's unit gains the Professional ability."
Total = 125 points
Carthaginian Rebels (using Roman units):
- 4x Armed Civilians (20 points each)
- 1x Velites (50 points)
- 1x Standard General
Total = 130 points
- Basic: defeat the opposing General
- Advanced: "Wipe them out. All of them."
- Last edited Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:59 am (Total Number of Edits: 3)
- Posted Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:59 pm
The game lasted about 2.5 turns and Carthage got absolutely slaughtered. They took 2 of the rebel peasants with them, though.
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Thank you Stephan!!