Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, ONUSers,

Here's a basic mini-scenario suitable for use in getting used to the basic rules without adding many complications (cavalry, archers, etc.).

i'm in the process of setting this up and haven't playtested it yet, but here you go...

According to the point values it's "close to balanced," but i suspect that the larger force (despite the weaker units) is at an inherent advantage. For better balance, it may be necessary to give the main Carthaginian force some small bonus or hinder the Rebel forces in some minor way (e.g. make the Carthaginian General's units Professionals or remove the Skirmisher ability from the rebel Velites).

Setup:

Carthage:

- 2x Lusitani Infantry (50 points each)
- Hamilcar or Hannibal (+25%, i.e. 25 points). Note that Hamilcar's special ability (his unit gets the Skirmisher ability) is not useful here because Lusitani Infantry are Skirmishers. It is recommended that his ability be changed to "Hamilcar's unit gains the Professional ability."

Total = 125 points

Carthaginian Rebels (using Roman units):

- 4x Armed Civilians (20 points each)
- 1x Velites (50 points)
- 1x Standard General

Total = 130 points

Goal:

- Basic: defeat the opposing General

- Advanced: "Wipe them out. All of them."

Happy ONUSing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game lasted about 2.5 turns and Carthage got absolutely slaughtered. They took 2 of the rebel peasants with them, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Stephan!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.