Hide
5 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Dunedain Remedy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Bob
msg tools
So Dunedain Remedy is one of the new signal cards released in the Drowned Ruins pack and its effect seems pretty amazing! The card reads:
"Attach to a hero.
Response: after Dunedain Temedy attaches to a hero, heal 1 damage on that hero.
Action: pay 1 resource from attached hero's resource pool to attach Dunedain Remedy to another hero."

The card (like the other Dunedain signals) has the leadership icon.
So I was wondering if this card can be moved from a leadership hero who initially, then moved to say a tactics hero. Can that tactics hero pay to move it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Doesn't state it requires a given color to move, just a resource.
Don't see a requirement to attach (either initially or later) to Leadership hero either, so knock yourself out attaching to whoever and moving it around.

(The card being Leadership itself has nothing whatsoever to do with what it may attach to, only it's "attach to xyz" text is relevant for this.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bob
msg tools
Right, I figured that I could put it on anyone regardless of sphere. I would like to ask if it's possible to move it from the second hero if he is tactics, etc. to another hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strider117 wrote:
Right, I figured that I could put it on anyone regardless of sphere. I would like to ask if it's possible to move it from the second hero if he is tactics, etc. to another hero?

Yes, it's possible. The action just specifies that you have to pay a resource from the attached hero's resource pool; it doesn't specify that the resource has to be of any sphere. You could even use it on hero Gandalf, then have him pay one of his resources to move it to someone else. There are no resource restrictions whatsoever on the card once it has had its initial 1 Leadership cost paid for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bob
msg tools
rmunn wrote:
Strider117 wrote:

Yes, it's possible. The action just specifies that you have to pay a resource from the attached hero's resource pool; it doesn't specify that the resource has to be of any sphere. You could even use it on hero Gandalf, then have him pay one of his resources to move it to someone else. There are no resource restrictions whatsoever on the card once it has had its initial 1 Leadership cost paid for.

Excellent! That was what I wanted to know, now I can see some interesting ways of getting healing going for my deck without needing to use Lore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.