Enemy Coast Ahead: The Dambuster Raid» Forums » Rules

Subject: Evading nightfighters and flak rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Walter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello All,
Can somebody clarify a small point for me?

On page 27 under rule 7.6.2 it says:

'Nightfighter and Flak: If you assigned a Flak hazard to a wave or independent aircraft, you automatically evade all known Nightfighter hazards assigned to that same independent aircraft or wave. Remove the Nightfighter marker(s).....'

So, if I take advantage of the above can I then remove the flak hazard under rule 7.6.1 'remove a number of Hazard markers equal to the Recon Level in that zone'??

Thanks for any help on this,

Regards,

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
The answer is "yes."

Here I think the player aid is helpful (F6). At the top, under the title, it reads "remove hazards in any order."

And 7.6.2 of the rules, Special Evasions, reads "In addition to the Recon Level..."

So, evade those hazards with a clear conscience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Walter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Jerry.

The main reason I asked this question was due to a minor concern regarding the situation logic, i.e., nightfighter avoids area because of risk of 'friendly' fire, so is it therefore reasonable to then remove the source of potential friendly fire.

Of course, I appreciate that you could have the situation that hidden '?' hazards result in flak and fighters attacking the same wave or aircraft.

Any thoughts on this aspect?

Regards,

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Think of it narratively, or in a sequence. Nightfighter appears but backs off due to flak. A moment later flak is evaded.

A narrow escape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Walter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Jerry, good logic as always.

Cheers,

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.