Subject: Clarifications on movement, combat & control rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Murphy
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
I really like this game, been looking for over 20 years for a game that covers all these aspects of Gladiator combat - well done! I'm afraid I have a few questions on relatively minor but important matters, apologies if I have missed the answers elsewhere.

MOVEMENT
Can a gladiator (when in control) only move into the hexes directly in front/behind him, or can he sidestep into the front right/left or flank hexes without making a facing change (we are currently doing the former)

COMBAT
Is a gladiator only able to attack into his front hex, or is he also allowed to attack into his front “weapon” hex?

CONTROL CHECKS IN 2-ON-1 FIGHTS
After the “team” have gained control and had their turn how does the following control check work? Do they both do a control check (order is not relevant) and if BOTH fail does control then pass to the single gladiator? Or is only 1 control check made (by either the one in control or the one with the higher CA)?

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon haines
England
manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mb
Movement - you can make a facing change each time you enter a hex during movement. You do not have to.

Combat - I play it as the man, as you can attack on a flank, if your then saying im using the weapon arm your increasing the attack range, i may have misunderstood the question, but basically im saying no

Control check - sorry at moment only play one on one(solo)not tried 2 on 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Osipov
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the rulebook on Page 19, in the second bullet at the top of the left column, "[In] the event of a 2-on-1 bout, should the first gladiator checked fail to take control, the second does so automatically."

Also note that the first gladiator on the "team" that checks for control is the gladiator with the LOWEST CA, not highest. (First bullet, same location.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.