Subject: Wakefulness? Is it just me? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm no English scholar or thematic genius but the dragons "Wakefulness" track seems off to me.

To me somthing like the dragons "Awakening" track or just "Awakened" would seem to fit better. "Awakening/Awakened" track?

I like to pimp my games and I'm already planning to get minatures to replace the standees (which I really don't mind too much) but definitely prefer over the wood tokens for the thief and knight. (I like the dragon forms)
(barring Kickstarter timing and its sculptured artwork for thematic quality)

I'm also pimping by getting bigger crystals (maybe real ones) and ive already taken a sharpie to all the cardboard edges, always a nice touch.

But "Wakefulness" I can't seem to get past.
I know, call me anal, call O.C.D. but can you think of anything better than "Wakefulness"? Or maybe I've just missed the point.

I'm not really complaining but would love to have it explained to me.

Anyone know the font used in Vast?
Maybe I can make a "Awakening" sticker to replace "Wakefulness" like they did in pandemic for the purple virus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
I think wakefulness makes more sense than awakening as you can't have more awakening, but you can have more wakefulness. Maybe alertness would work better for you? Or the reverse sleepiness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no authority (of course), but 'wakefulness' is totally the correct word for what it's describing. 'Awakening' just doesn't make sense in this context.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I appreciate your opinions/explanations, I guess I just have to get used to it or brush up on my understanding of context lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chillinwater wrote:
...like they did in pandemic...

Hey, man, spoilers! People are still playing this game! angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Paoletti
msg tools
mbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
chillinwater wrote:

Don't worry, Peter, he's probably talking about the sticker in the On the Brink expansion that adds the purple cure slot on the main board, since the main game did not have a purple virus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
We prefer the term "Awakeyyawningnessizationificism"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vigilance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
KaleidoKid wrote:
kc2dpt wrote:
chillinwater wrote:

Don't worry, Peter, he's probably talking about the sticker in the On the Brink expansion that adds the purple cure slot on the main board, since the main game did not have a purple virus.
yes, somebody gets me lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.