Power Grid» Forums » Rules

Subject: Power Plant removal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan T-Aylmer
Scotland
Fife
flag msg tools
Hello, looking for confirmation on when you should remove a plant completely and when you should move to the bottom of the pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally you remove a plant on the auction block when any player builds a number of Generators (Cities) equal to its starting bid cost. i.e. if it is a 3 plant on the Auction block and you build your third city, it is removed from play.

During the last phase of every turn the Highest Plant on the Futures Block is placed on the bottom of the Plant Deck.

In both cases a new plant is drawn and added to the Auction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan T-Aylmer
Scotland
Fife
flag msg tools
Thanks, what about when you have four plants? Remove to box or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeWyant wrote:
During the last phase of every turn the Highest Plant on the Futures Block is placed on the bottom of the Plant Deck.

This is the only time Power Plants go to the bottom of the deck. At all other times they go to the box (or as First Dog on the Moon likes to say "Put him in the van").
When you build your fourth plant (> 2 player of course) and need to replace one - put it in the box
If somebody builds to X cities, and power plant X is in the market - put it in the box
Market changes due to step change, 1->2, 2->3 - put it in the box
Remove the lowest plant at the end of the turn during Step 3 - put it in the box
Nobody buys a power plant during the auction phase - put in the box (thanks for the reminder Paul a few posts down)

On behalf of Russ I would recommend checking the Power Grid FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Every turn during Steps 1 & 2, you take the highest plant from the future market and send it to the bottom of the deck. This way a bunch of big plants come up in Step 3. Small plants go away. You don't want small plants in Step 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JoJoTA wrote:
Hello, looking for confirmation on when you should remove a plant completely and when you should move to the bottom of the pack.

Like in most games without an explicit discard pile, "discard" means that the card leaves the game. When the rules want you to put a card on the bottom of the deck, they say so explicitly. ("Place the highest numbered power plant from the future market face down under the draw stack and draw a new one to replace it.")

Post-channeling Fraser channeling me, Power Grid FAQ is recommended reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And also if no-one buys a plant in an auction the lowest numbered plant in the available pool has finished its participation in today's game.

And as mentioned above, on the front page of the Power Grid section and repeatedly by Russ this is an FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan T-Aylmer
Scotland
Fife
flag msg tools
Great, thanks. This is exactly what I was after. I use the FAQs and they are a great help too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.