9 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card effects during gameplay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Medez
Philippines
flag msg tools
Hey I need some tips on the actual application of certain cards during gameplay most especially when that specific card has a card effect or function. Also I have some clarifications on what should happen during certain game scenarios.

1. Scheme Card "Forge Infinity Gauntlet", how does the scheme twist work if the first card you draw at the very first turn is a scheme twist from the villain deck? How does the scheme work if no infinity gems have yet to enter the city or either player has no infinity gems artifacts?

2. If a card effect states that each player gains a wound, how do we resolve if the wound stack only has 1 wound card left? Who gets the wound card? What about the other players?

3. If a card effect tells you to play a card from the HQ or from top of the deck like in the cases of Mystique or Rogue as a copy, do we have to play the copied card immediately or can we choose when to use the effect at any time of our turn?

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tulis
msg tools
mb
Nothing happens (lucky!); current player gets first wound, then the next player gets the next wound, etc. until they're out; immediately, since the copying card is immediately copying the revealed card's ability.

That's off the top of my head; happy to be corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack delavert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ctulis59 wrote:
Nothing happens (lucky!); current player gets first wound, then the next player gets the next wound, etc. until they're out; immediately, since the copying card is immediately copying the revealed card's ability.

That's off the top of my head; happy to be corrected.

Sounds good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Medez
Philippines
flag msg tools

Thanks very much for the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Ellis
msg tools
FuryRoad821 wrote:

Thanks very much for the info.

Also note that there is a specific forum for Rules questions. Often you can do a search and see that your questions have already been answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
FuryRoad821 wrote:
3. If a card effect tells you to play a card from the HQ or from top of the deck like in the cases of Mystique or Rogue as a copy, do we have to play the copied card immediately or can we choose when to use the effect at any time of our turn?

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.

You would play the copied card immediately. So if you use Rogue Copy Powers (I believe that's what it's called) on Hawkeye's Quick Draw, you would immediately get +1 attack and draw a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It always "breaks the fourth wall" for me when the Wound deck runs out. I realize that there's a physical limitation on the number of Wound cards that someone owns, but it seems a little silly that there's a point where Villains and Masterminds can no longer wound the players.

If this were a digital game only, there never would have been a point where Wounds "run out".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Just wait for the inevitable Super Saiyan Wolverine that gets more powerful for every KO'd Wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
randomlife wrote:
It always "breaks the fourth wall" for me when the Wound deck runs out. I realize that there's a physical limitation on the number of Wound cards that someone owns, but it seems a little silly that there's a point where Villains and Masterminds can no longer wound the players.

If this were a digital game only, there never would have been a point where Wounds "run out".

Not necessarily. Thematic or not, the fact that the Wound stack is only 30 cards deep and that Wounds are KOed and not returned to the stack appears very deliberate.

It is one of the only features of the design that pushes the balance towards the larger group - picking up 15 wounds each in a two player game is almost unheard of, meaning that certain villains, schemes, masterstrikes and even heroes (say hello Hulk) remain dangerous late into the game. In a five-player game, collecting 6 wounds each isn't difficult at all, even using the starter setup in the base set rulebook, but the players are offered something of a boost by the fact that some of these effects can be negated in the late-game.

Conversely, of course, current Wound-giving effects are designed in a slightly counter-balanced manner - the hardest time of the game in big games is the start and one thing that contributes to this is the ease with which wounds can be picked up, after all, a Wound-giving masterstrike (Loki, Mephisto, etc.) cannot be countered by anyone for at least the first 6 villain cards (ignoring Wall Crawl setups). The reverse situation in a 2 player game only applies to the first 3 draws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.