Subject: First turn of Episodes B and C rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
On the first turn of Episodes B and C where you seed the Verse with 2 and 4 cards respectively, do you still place a new Episode card in the Verse (thus in effect having 3 and 5 episode cards respectively in the verse during the first turn of each episode)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how the rules read. The extra cards are added during the setup, before the first turn, and nothing tells you to skip the Episode Phase of the first player's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, thanks for the info.

It was just that the following from the rulebook seemed a little ambiguous to me:

"The next player takes the first turn of the
next Objective, and then play continues
as before.
"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
Well, thanks for the info.

It was just that the following from the rulebook seemed a little ambiguous to me:

"The next player takes the first turn of the
next Objective, and then play continues
as before.
"

I agree that it is a bit ambiguous, but I also play as Clipper does. The extra cards are a part of set-up, and on the first turn you draw a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
you can use it as a difficulty adjustment. In my first couple games I struggled a bit (as I wasn't familiar with the deckbuilding strategies for LE), so I began the first action phase of the second episode with 2 cards in the verse total, and similarly with 4 cards total in the third episode.

But now I bring out two cards in the Verse, and then add another during the first turn as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ulrich
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Its says "The next player takes the first turn of the next Objective, and then plays continues as before"

I guess I read it as they take their turn (play cards and such) then plays continues as normal with the Draw and Episode.

But I suppose like most the Legendary games, play how seems to work for you. It just changes the difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However, the first stage of your turn is the Episode stage. It doesn't say to ignore it.

It's easy to think of you having a turn and then the game having a turn, but that is not how the rules are written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received confirmation from designer Daniel Mandel via Geekmai:

"Yes, you do. (Keep in mind -- the game can be very hard, especially the first few times you play. So one toggle to make "

So we are supposed to add a card and do not skip the episode phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.