United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I know the answer, but I wanted to be sure.

Can the Impersonate card copy another one if the Hulkling cards? I'd guess NOT, because it says "Play this card as a copy of another Hero you played this turn" as opposed to saying "as a copy of another card..."

Plus, thematically it wouldn't make sense to impersonate "himself."

Just wanted to be sure though. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In game terminology one of the starter cards, sidekicks or cards you buy from the HQ count as a Hero.

So eg when it says KO one of your Heroes you KO one card not all cards from the same Hero deck.

So in answer to your question Hulkling's card can copy one of his other Hero cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Olson
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering if the another part of "another Hero" meant it had to be a different one. That's all. Seems weird if he can impersonate himself...

But thank you for the response. I'll play it that way next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Monson
Australia
Heathmont
VIC
flag msg tools
mb
Played it today with him impersonating his rare card. Was getting 12 attack from the two together, which was enough to take out iron man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
soiledshortz wrote:
I was just wondering if the another part of "another Hero" meant it had to be a different one. That's all. Seems weird if he can impersonate himself...

But thank you for the response. I'll play it that way next time.

The point was "a hero" is just a single Hero card. So "another" Hero just means a different "card" not a card with a different Hero Name. It's not sensible thematically, any more than Rogue copying her own powers, but mechanically that's how it works.
Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Olson
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. I guess it was the theme issues throwing me off. I get it now. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.