$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
39.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a situation where the Inevitable card was on the leftmost space of the verse, and I was playing Book and drew a Flaw. What happens in this case? Do I draw an enemy out of the Defeated pile and put it to the right of the Inevitable card. Or do I just ignore the enemy draw and just move the Inevitable card to the Combat Zone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The spaces to the right of the inevitable card no longer count as being part of the game (p15 of the rules). Thus the space with the Inevitable card is the only 'Verse space.

Although it isn't specified in the rules, adding a card to the Inevitable space should arguably push that card rather than the Inevitable, thus putting Book's Enemy directly into the Combat Zone.

There is a rule that says: "Once an Inevitable card is in the ‘Verse, any effect that says “add an Episode card to the ‘Verse” just moves the Inevitable card one space instead." That rule could arguably apply, but the wording doesn't quite match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree with Jorgen here. You're not adding an Episode card, you're adding an Enemy card in the right-most space of the 'verse. The former represents the passage of time, the latter is the addition of enemies.

Assuming the Inevitable card was anywhere but the left-most space, that resurrected card would go directly to the left of the inevitable card. In this case, directly to the left of the Inevitable card would be in the Combat Zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your input.

I just got confirmation via Geekmail from designer Daniel Mandel:

"You put the enemy card into the Combat Zone.

While the Inevitable card is in the leftmost space of the 'Verse, anything that tries to get placed in the 'Verse will just drop into the Combat Zone."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.