Hide
8 Posts

Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » General

Subject: Completely Occupied Non-Colony Location rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D M
msg tools
If an exiled player has all their survivors occupying a location is there anything the colony players can do to remove the exiled players survivors from that location?

We came across this problem when we had to collect two cards from each location and bring it back to the colony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AznChaos wrote:
If an exiled player has all their survivors occupying a location is there anything the colony players can do to remove the exiled players survivors from that location?

We came across this problem when we had to collect two cards from each location and bring it back to the colony.

Officially no. And that is the intent, essentially exiled player can lock out locations. I do play with a variant that you can go to Zombie location and attack however, but you automatically die if zombies would be placed and there's no room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Unless they had some great weapons, I think them staying there and having to continually fight off the spawning zombies would probably be enough of a deterrent. I can see them blocking it for one, two or three rounds, but it will catch up with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I do play with a variant that you can go to Zombie location and attack however, but you automatically die if zombies would be placed and there's no room.

I don't understand what this variant does. Zombies don't occupy the same spots as survivors. Zombies will never lock out a location from a survivor moving there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
kelann08 wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
I do play with a variant that you can go to Zombie location and attack however, but you automatically die if zombies would be placed and there's no room.

I don't understand what this variant does. Zombies don't occupy the same spots as survivors. Zombies will never lock out a location from a survivor moving there.

They're saying the exiled player is blocking all the PLAYER spots with their exiled characters. The variant is to allow a non-exiled character to go there and sit on an "out of bounds" spot. This lets them attack the exiled characters at that location.

How well does this work, though? If the location was completely filled and the new character manages to kill one of the exiles, the location will still be full if the exile doesn't move off. That means enough zombies are going to be put there to kill a character if the exile doesn't move off (since you can't move your attacker back in the same round). In fact, unless they put some barricades there, the location will probably already start full of zombies because it was full of characters at the end of the last round.

You'd really need to send in a high influence character to ensure they survive until the end. And maybe other non-exiles using remote zombie-killing weapons or attracting zombies away.

Of course, even if you clear it of zombies after attacking the exile, the exile player could possibly make life really bad for you by searching and making the maximum amount of noise, then moving one or two of their characters to another location(s). The non-exile character will have a high chance of being toast. Maybe it could work with some barricades being thrown up as well. Hard to say. Could potentially be very fun or very frustrating. I think you'd probably be better off just making the exile have to fight off those zombies in order to keep camping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AznChaos wrote:

That's one of the risks you take when you exile a potentially innocent player. If you play with the Bandit module they can jam up the locations with bandits as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
hrhtomas wrote:
AznChaos wrote:

That's one of the risks you take when you exile a potentially innocent player. If you play with the Bandit module they can jam up the locations with bandits as well.

Would the risk be any different from exiling a non-innocent player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
hrhtomas wrote:
AznChaos wrote:

Would the risk be any different from exiling a non-innocent player?

Oh, right. I keep forgetting that they don't go to the brig in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.