Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Upgrading items with runestones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't seem to find this in the rules or maybe I just do not get it. So hopefully you guys can help me out.

I found a runestone (gear) in the Mine and wish to put it into my gun. So I go to the blacksmith but what does it cost (beside 1 darkstone) to get the procedure done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You just pay the dark stone and put it in your weapon. No need for a trip to town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may not even require darkstone to attach a rune to gear, depending on the card text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greasygeek wrote:
I can't seem to find this in the rules or maybe I just do not get it. So hopefully you guys can help me out.

I found a runestone (gear) in the Mine and wish to put it into my gun. So I go to the blacksmith but what does it cost (beside 1 darkstone) to get the procedure done?

You will find the rules on the left of page 19 of the rulebook under Item Upgrades.

Upgrades found in the mine may be added to an empty slot at the listed price or removed forfeiting the cost of adding them. This can be done at the beginning of any turn down the mine. (Possibly at other points as well but certainly when you chose what gear is active during a combat turn.)

Upgrades got from the Blacksmith are permanent and can't be removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boiko Boichev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Quote:

What about war glyphs form the Indian Trading post? Can those be transfered to other items?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dahak wrote:
Greasygeek wrote:

You will find the rules on the left of page 19 of the rulebook under Item Upgrades.

Upgrades found in the mine may be added to an empty slot at the listed price or removed forfeiting the cost of adding them. This can be done at the beginning of any turn down the mine. (Possibly at other points as well but certainly when you chose what gear is active during a combat turn.)

Thank you everyone. This was most helpful. I did already read the rules on page 19 however I somehow misunderstood that part. Anyway cool to have this cleared out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regressor wrote:
Quote:

What about war glyphs form the Indian Trading post? Can those be transfered to other items?

What does the Indian Trading Post say?

If like the Blacksmith it gives a combined price for supply and attachment then I would suspect you can't move them. I believe the same to be true for the Rancher's Refinement and the Unique Forging result at the Blacksmith (and am of the opinion that you can do those two only once each to any given piece of gear)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.