Subject: [WIP] Crazy Rube Kavorkian's Deathtrap Emporium rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paul h
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Crazy Rube Kavorkian's Deathtrap Emporium is a fast-paced deck-building card game, for 2-6 players, where each player takes on the role of a henchman of the once-dreaded Professor Paindeath.

"Once dreaded" is used here for the simple fact that Professor Paindeath has retired from supervillainy. After defeating his arch-nemesis, superhero, and all-around good-guy, Captain Justice, Professor Paindeath took control of Wichita, KS, and ruled it with an iron fist.

Ten years of un-contested rule, Professor Paindeath grew tired of it, dropped his supervillain name, and opened a superstore that builds and sells custom deathtraps to other villains.

The goal is to gain more commission than the other henchmen by building deathtraps and winning contracts from clients such as Rex Ruthor, Dr. Maybe, and Wally Kyote.

So grab your monkey wrench and attach those lasers to some sharks, and get ready for the dog-eat-dog world of supervillain-retail.

ORIGIN
Two years ago I was working on an idea for a card game I called "Professor Paindeath's Deathtrap of Painful Death" which had the players controlling henchmen trying to rebuild his Deathtrap that one them accidentally broke. At the time I was toying around with a "competency" gameplay mechanic that just didn't work. I decided to revisit the world of Professor Paindeath and came up with this idea.

CARDS
As with any modern card game with its ink, Deathtrap Emporium has multiple card types.
"Basic Prestige" This is the basic resource card that allows you to purchase other cards.
"Prestige" This is the special resource card that gives you more than 1 resource point, but could also give you a special ability or even victory points.
"Client" This is the card that represents the villain whose deathtrap you are racing to build.
"Part" There are three types of part cards and within those three types are multiple categories. These are used to build the deathtrap.
"Event" As the name states, this is the card that affects the game in different ways.

----------
When I actually have time to do any designs, I'll post them on here, my job doesn't really allow any time to be creative... or to game.

EDIT: more info added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.