Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: TOO MANY ZOMBIES, CAN'T MOVE! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Binh Thach
United States
California
flag msg tools
I have this problem in both Zombicide and Black Plague...

On some mission, zombies spawn on far side of map, where there's only 3 zone of space to move until they get blocked by a close door.

Example:
Over time, and the zombies spawn and move toward the sound until they hit the close door. They can't move. As the game progress... More Zombies spawn, and end up in the same zone! So now, I have a TONS of zombies, 10+ model on one space. There's NO MORE ROOM!

Any help please? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most spawn points are on roads that that full access to the rest of the map, they just walk down the road towards the noisiest zone. If there is a spawn point in a room or a space surrounded by buildings, you need to open a door so they can escape (or rewrite the scenario with different tiles or a different spawn point).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or...you know...go kill the zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Binh Thach
United States
California
flag msg tools
longagoigo wrote:
Most spawn points are on roads that that full access to the rest of the map, they just walk down the road towards the noisiest zone. If there is a spawn point in a room or a space surrounded by buildings, you need to open a door so they can escape (or rewrite the scenario with different tiles or a different spawn point).

So there's no rules on how many zombies can be on 1 zone or what to do when zombies are trap outside a building?

My group just stop spawning at that spawn point when its overloaded. We open the door only when we're ready with Molotov or dragon bile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whats causing the doors to be locked? normally, there's only very few scenarios where zombies start in a locked off area, there should normally always be an open path to the survivors.

once they start piling up, you can perhaps use a placeholder and keep the zombies to the side? as to keep the board from cluttering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bsan89 wrote:
longagoigo wrote:

So there's no rules on how many zombies can be on 1 zone or what to do when zombies are trap outside a building?

My group just stop spawning at that spawn point when its overloaded. We open the door only when we're ready with Molotov or dragon bile.

How are they trapped outside a building? They will go around the building to get to the survivors. Whatever open path there is to the survivors they will take, they don't just move in a straight line. They will follow the roads to get to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Binh Thach
United States
California
flag msg tools
There's no open route except through that door into the building.

Beside that...My question is when there's huge group of zombies in one zone. Do you push them into one zone to another like huge stack of poker chips?

I had my fair share of huge group of zombies merging together. I'm more of avoiding zombies rather than fighting them. Mostly to avoid getting into Orange/Red level to prevent orange/red spawn level card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Statham
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we start getting this,we have some cheap plastic cups that we got from the dollar store and we fill and stack them. Stack them in the order that you would hit them with ranged attacks. (Toxic walkers/Walkers/Toxic Fatties/Fatties/Toxic Runners... etc.) Usually just leaving the Aboms out to stand beside the cups.

I know it doesn't look pretty, but it works.

When it gets this bad, we usually keep searching for Bottles/Gas/Flamethrowers then open it once we have them. Though it has backfired on us and those Extra moves can get you in trouble when you run out of a zombie type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathy Ford
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
Our Turn! Podcast
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bsan89 wrote:
I have this problem in both Zombicide and Black Plague...

On some mission, zombies spawn on far side of map, where there's only 3 zone of space to move until they get blocked by a close door.

Example:
Over time, and the zombies spawn and move toward the sound until they hit the close door. They can't move. As the game progress... More Zombies spawn, and end up in the same zone! So now, I have a TONS of zombies, 10+ model on one space. There's NO MORE ROOM!

Any help please? Thanks!

I had that happen in one game. They were spawning in a closed up diner. We just kept piling zombies in until we could get to that building (there was an objective under all that mess). We opened a door and tossed in a Molotov Cocktail. Problem over. Of course, the person who tossed in the Molotov Cocktail went from early yellow to off-the-scale-red in an instant and then we were having to deal with Red Zone sized zombies, but it made the game more "interesting." Yeah...that's the word..."interesting." laugh

meeple

Cathy!
Our Turn! Women on Gaming Podcast
www.OurTurnPodcast.com
Guild #2600

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
On the levels with zombies trapped behind doors, that is a purposeful setup by the designers. It gives you a bit of a time limit (since once you start running out of zombies, the ones that can reach you will get extra activations, and will tear you apart), and also gives you a strong incentive to find the gas/bile. In Black Plague, this also makes the minotaur a very dangerous boss, because if it spawns back there, it will break through walls, and they will all come pouring through.

I like levels like this, it makes things challenging in a different way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin J.

Duesseldorf
msg tools
My special rule

Zombie limit in a room = 10 (maybe less need to be adjusted, i'm a new player but this problem happened in our third classic game season1#)

All other zombies spawn in a nearby room and handle the room with full 10 zombies with the door like a wall and moving to an another exit. If there is no other door exit then Until all rooms filled with zombies they break all doors from that room area and game normally continious.

Any additional suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:

How are they trapped outside a building? They will go around the building to get to the survivors. Whatever open path there is to the survivors they will take, they don't just move in a straight line. They will follow the roads to get to you.

Agreed. Sort of sounds like the OP is missing some movement rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samir Abreu
Brazil
flag msg tools
You can house rule something like:
10 zombies at each tile, if the adjacent(s) tile(s) are each with 10 zombies too they will break doors as an action.
So with an extra activation they break a door and leave the closed region

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.