Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Shilling
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favourite online retailer.

They used to update their catalogue with the weekly new releases every Friday but there have been no updates for several weeks now and their catalogue is getting more and more out of date......

Just wondering if everything is ok with them.....?

Anyone know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Aspery
United Kingdom
Leyland
Lancashire
flag msg tools
I noticed that myself and was wondering the same thing. No new release emails for weeks, nothing new on the website. Used to use IGUK a lot, but nothing seems to be in stock any more. Such a shame if they disappear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle bells, Batman smells ,Robin laid an egg. The Batmobile Lost a wheel, and the Joker got away!
mbmbmbmbmb
No new news, I was about to post the same question.

Really hope they're not going out of business. The most reliable online retailer I've used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Baker
United Kingdom
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agreed. I've been watching them for about 3 months now. Their stock of X-Wing Miniatures has reduced and Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition stuff has sold out. Both without restock. I can't help but wonder whether they're going down the pan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me. With game prices shooting up and up I think a lot of gamers are now a lot more cautious on buying games. I myself have stopped buying games now due to the prices. Higher prices = less sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew D
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The website is now offline as well.

Very sad I will miss their good service and excellent prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Evans
United Kingdom
little sutton
cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The website is now offline as well.

Good bye to a quality retailer. I liked their method of including P&P in the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle bells, Batman smells ,Robin laid an egg. The Batmobile Lost a wheel, and the Joker got away!
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a shame for a great store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Baker
United Kingdom
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is a shame. I found their prices were great also, particularly for Dungeons and Dragons books. At least for the items I needed. I just went to their website to check on them and was redirected to some contact details.

*Edit
Companies House currently lists Infinity Games UK as 'active'. Time will tell, but the fact their stock has been going down doesn't appear to bode well. Fingers crossed for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my good wife conquering a Shopping Mall.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
IGUK is my favourite supplier, but lately, I have had to go to Boardgame Extras to get new games. I hope everything is well with them, although it doesn't look good. They have always been the supplier that I would go to first and their service was fantastic.

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Wilson
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a real pity. I've just gone to IGUK.co.uk to check to see if they had a game I am looking for in stock, and see that there is just a care of address remaining. They will be missed.

For those looking for a suitable replacement, Gameslore and BoardGameGuru offer great prices and have never had an issue with either site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for BoardGameGuru.

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United Kingdom
Somerset/London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their Ebay shop is also pretty much gone - 0 items and the seller "currently away". Looks like I'll have to delete them from my bookmarks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
+1 for BoardGameGuru.

+1 also. Was a big IGUK fan and ordered loads of stuff over the years. With their demise, I've been shopping a lot at boardgameguru. But the only thing that really annoys me (I originally had several expletives here) is that you can't see stock levels until you drill down. I get the impression that they don't stock all the items they sell as often you can get quite a few days wait for delivery. But all that aside, a great company ;-)

Terry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
maciwt wrote:
oneilljgf wrote:
+1 for BoardGameGuru.

+1 also. Was a big IGUK fan and ordered loads of stuff over the years. With their demise, I've been shopping a lot at boardgameguru. But the only thing that really annoys me (I originally had several expletives here) is that you can't see stock levels until you drill down. I get the impression that they don't stock all the items they sell as often you can get quite a few days wait for delivery. But all that aside, a great company ;-)

Terry

Never had a problem on B'guru selling stuff they didn't have in stock - the exception being the stuff they post on a Friday as coming into stock next week, obviously if you order on the Friday you will have a wait.

IGUK, good though it was, did used to have a problem as they sold on eBay and via the website and one didn't automatically update the stock on the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The places with the biggest stock of wargames is secongchancegames.com
The web site is not the best but it says it's being overhauled.

Going back to boardgameguru, I do like the fact that they get get some not so common games in. Also they sometimes get the kickstarter edition with the extras. I recently bought Moscow 41 and Blocks in the East and got the metal planes etc in the Moscow game. They also stocked the Napoleon in Europe upgrade kit from hexasim, just the sort of stuff you don't see at Gameslore so often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to chip in another +1 for BoardGameGuru, and GamesLore. Both of them have always been great to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maciwt wrote:
I get the impression that they don't stock all the items they sell as often you can get quite a few days wait for delivery. But all that aside, a great company ;-)

Terry

No. I stock everything that you can add to cart (unless it a clearly marked pre-order.) EDIT - thanks for the kind words though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"If we make a mistake and we are not able to supply a game that was shown in stock (NOT a pre-order, pre-order items are not in our control) when you purchased it, then we will give you a £5 voucher towards a future purchase. Moreover if your order qualified for a discount we will honour the discount you earned for the complete order. Why can we make this pledge? Because we are confident that our stock system is accurate."

The above is taken from Mr Lister's BoardGameGuru blog

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorp222 wrote:

No. I stock everything that you can add to cart (unless it a clearly marked pre-order.) EDIT - thanks for the kind words though.

Thanks for clarifying Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ashton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
maciwt wrote:
The places with the biggest stock of wargames is secongchancegames.com
The web site is not the best but it says it's being overhauled.

Terry, www.secondchancegames.com

New site still in progress

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.