Popular Tags: [View All]
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I watched the GenCon video from the guys at Team Covenant

I know that FFG puts on a great GenCon with their demo team and demo content. Great instruction from the girl on the video BTW.

Anyway, I definitely noticed the Play Mat the guys were using during the demo. Anyone know if these are something planned for retail? Definitely not a "must buy", but I'd definitely consider it if priced reasonably. I thought it added a nice organizational element to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After a long while of reserving LCG playmats as organized play awards and swag, I think FFG has finally grasped the potential of general production and sale of these items, mostly as a result of Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
After a long while of reserving LCG playmats as organized play awards and swag, I think FFG has finally grasped the potential of general production and sale of these items, mostly as a result of Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game.

I suppose. Then again, I made my own for X-Wing for considerably less $$.

I suspect there will be a few fan-made versions posted here on BGG that could be commercially printed too. There are some seriously talented Photoshop users out here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many game companies including FFG have playmats designed specifically for demo purposes, with no intention of making more of them.

That said, I have no idea if they would sell individual playmats for this game. Does LOTR have any playmats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
Many game companies including FFG have playmats designed specifically for demo purposes, with no intention of making more of them.

... and FFG does them first class. They have one of the nicest booth areas in all of GenCon. Every demo table is inviting and done with style. I'm almost expecting that these are "Con Only" and not for public consumption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have not sold their convention LCG mats in the past, but anything is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
Does LOTR have any playmats?

Yes, there have been LotR playmats in past Game Night kits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.