Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the fantasy flight version and I recall the team battles a little differently then I read them in the kosmos rules which I playing through now .. So say the wizard and the dwarf are fighting together they add their strength together let's say they both have 3 so that gives the a total of 6
Then each one rolls there dice .. Wizard get 4 and the dwarfs hugest dice is 3 so do you add both their dice together giving them a 7 then add that to their strength wich is a 6 giving them a total 13 or the way I always played
Thanks the higset rolled dice of the two which was the Wizards 4 and add it to the strength which was 6 .. Giving them 6 +4 =10 .. Thanks for you help ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The way you always played is correct. Each team member adds their strength, and their strongest die to the total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I'm being dense, but it sounds like Noah is saying he just read option A but has been playing option B. And then, Lucas, I'm reading your response as saying "you played correctly, it's option A"

Can you clarify which is the correct answer? I think I'm misunderstanding at least one of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing the b version .. Where u only add the one highest dice from the whole group to the total strength ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
I had the fantasy flight version and I recall the team battles a little differently then I read them in the kosmos rules

The rules are the same in both versions, matching your first description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the Fantasy Flight version and from what I remember it is add all players' die roll results together plus all players' strength score, all players meaning those who are in the group combat.

So the correct total would be 13, in your example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy Razumov
Russia
Vladimir
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In my russian rules it's also summing all the force and all the dice together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol well it's been a number of yes since I played it so maybe I thought I played it that way but never did .. Meh ... We're back on track ! Thanks guys . Lost the first game by one turn !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
noahshu wrote:
Wizard get 4 and the dwarfs hugest dice is 3 so do you add both their dice together giving them a 7 then add that to their strength wich is a 6 giving them a total 13
But you do know, that the wizard could have turned the dwarfs 3 to a 4, for a total of 14? Or any other die of the dwarf to either increase the value on it's own or amplify the use of a helmet, if the dwarf is equipped with one. (Note, that this had to be decided right after the roll.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um .. I did see the wizard could do that .. And That would help a lot in a team battle thanks ! We just won legends 2 ! Can't wait for number 3 .. Was so excited to see another big box expansion in the way ! That's 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player, adds their highest dice roll plus their strength stat together to get a final total. This of course ignores the possibility of a helmet and or the wizard using their dice flipping power.

Sum all hero strengths + the highest die roll of each hero for your grand total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet , thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.