Hide
11 Posts

Legendary: Civil War» Forums » General

Subject: What's up with the art in this set? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jiggliest Puff
msg tools
I really liked a lot of the characters chosen for this set, particularly the Young Avengers, but I thought the art really took a nosedive. Especially for those characters like Wiccan who are supposed to be young but look way older. Generally I like when they make new art for these sets rather than using stuff from the comics, but this was pretty disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from the Divided cards, all art looks amazing. It might be inaccurate in thw case of Wiccan, but that does not make it bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have to agree with the Jiffliest Puff (awesome name btw haha). I wasn't fond of this older looking Wiccan. Honestly, I have practically no issues with most of these cards, and that includes the Divided cards. My biggest issue is Stature's "Shrink to Nothing" and Bullseye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Me and my friends were actually saying that we really dig the art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Generally speaking, I was pleased with the art... Spider-Man in particular looked better here than I have seen him in Legendary in the past. But I have to agree with the Young Avengers. They all look a lot older than they should be - during Civil War, they were teens, and even now are considered young adults (18-22) in age. Wiccan looked like he was 40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
Like every other set, some art good, some art bad. It's subjective, unless they hired me to do the art. Legendary Stick Figures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
jhochges wrote:
Like every other set, some art good, some art bad. It's subjective, unless they hired me to do the art. Legendary Stick Figures!

I'd buy that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
jhochges wrote:

There's some objectively bad art in this set. Jessica Jones Reckless and some of Tigra's images are just terrible...impossible...anatomy. The Jessica Jones card in particular is Liefeld Capt America level bad. It's literally got a different perspective on her back and shoulders than on her side and chest. Some of it can be marked up to subjective tastes, but some of it was obviously unfinished when it was turned in, or at best, very rushed.

Art may be subjective in its appeal, but anatomy is not and there are a few big anatomy fails in this set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
At least it's not Legendary Firefly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I mean, just look at Cap's face on the box...yikes. I love legendary gameplay and I'm not trying to be mean but UD seriously needs a new art department. Some of their stuff is plain embarrassing, especially recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markococo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pariah74 wrote:
jhochges wrote:

There's some objectively bad art in this set. Jessica Jones Reckless and some of Tigra's images are just terrible...impossible...anatomy. The Jessica Jones card in particular is Liefeld Capt America level bad. It's literally got a different perspective on her back and shoulders than on her side and chest. Some of it can be marked up to subjective tastes, but some of it was obviously unfinished when it was turned in, or at best, very rushed.

Art may be subjective in its appeal, but anatomy is not and there are a few big anatomy fails in this set.

Spot on re. Jessica Jones' Reckless.

Most of the art is pretty nice, I think, and in keeping with Marvel Legendary but Reckless is like two pieces of art spliced together.

I'm glad it's small, but I can't see it without wincing.

But yeah, at least it's not Firefly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.