Hide
5 Posts

A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: A TOUCH OF EVIL RULES. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Reynolds
msg tools
Hi Just started playing this fabulous game and there is some clarification on the rules I would like. During the Showdown if a hero is knocked out in say the first round does he/she come back fully healed in the next round and likewise does the villan heal any wounds during the next round?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you mean by round in this case I'm guessing it's fight rounds.

A showdown is initiated on a hero's turn and consists of a series of fight rounds. Each hero and villain trades off rolling dice and the damage is applied simultaneously in most cases, there are a few exceptions like the Werewolf and the hero Adrianna.

A hero knocked out during a fight round is unavailable for the rest of the showdown unless there's some kind of special revive card or effect in play. If all the heroes are knocked out at the same time in a co-op game, then the game is over and the heroes lose.

Barring effects on the villain's card, the villain heals during the Mystery phase, I can't remember if it's 1D3 or 1D6. Basically, if you wound the villain significantly, you want to hurry up and attempt another showdown before the villain completely heals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil is right, but to clarify, by "if all the heroes are knocked out at the same time," he means knocked out on the same turn. As he said, they take turns fighting the villain. Also, it sounds to me like he's describing the coop version of the game. Is that what you're playing, Ian? They're basically same, but might be (probably are) some differences.

To answer the last part of your question, yes, heroes return to play fully healed in the town square on the next turn. Check the turn summary. Iirc, they also roll a die and must lose a resulting number of equipment, upgrades, etc.

Edit: Universal Head has a rules summary for this game (also available in the files section on the BGG page). It's quite good. I just checked it and, yes, the villain recovers D3 health each turn. Also, heroes lose D6 equipment, allies, etc. of the player's choice when they heal (fully) during the next turn's mystery phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Reynolds
msg tools
Thanks, yes I am playing the co-operative game, that helps a lot thanks Guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
See https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/84713/touch-evil-rule... for a clear summary of what goes on during the showdown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.