Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stinchfield
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When using a bomb, is the prerequisite the same as an attack when the dragon is surfaced and/or cave is collapsing? That is strength must be >= armor (roll if equal).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The bomb allows an attack (it was described as blasting open the floor to allow attacking the underground dragon when it's under you),

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stinchfield
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
MisterStatic wrote:
When using a bomb, is the prerequisite the same as an attack when the dragon is surfaced and/or cave is collapsing? That is strength must be >= armor (roll if equal).

Edit: Retracted -- see below.

No. You can only use a bomb against the dragon when he is underground and the collapse has not yet started. The strength requirement is only applied when the dragon is surfaced. Therefore, your strength stat is irrelevant when using the bomb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the game creators themselves in the FAQ thread:

Woelf wrote:
Quote:
Knight

* Does the Knight need strength vs armor when throwing bombs?
Yes, it's treated as a normal attack.

The Bomb simply allows that attack to be made while the Dragon is still underground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
dsdhornet wrote:
Please ignore Brian's answer. This has been answered by the game creators themselves in the FAQ thread.

David, thanks for the correction. I've edited my post.

I'm subscribed to the rules forum and didn't remember seeing that discussed (although it's possible I simply missed it). However, I'm not subscribed to the FAQ thread itself and I see that there has been 8 or 9 more pages of discussion since I last looked at it. Looks like I have some catching up to do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.