7,412 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
46.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Brian Schmitt
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
The rule reference guide included in the Force Awakens states that...

"If a ship overlaps another ship while executing a Koiogren turn or a Segnor's loop, the ship does not rotate 180° at the opposite end of the template. The player places the ship using the rear guides instead of the front guides."

and states the following for Tallon Rolls...

"When a ship executes a Tallon Roll, it must avoid overlapping other ships if possible. If the ship cannot avoid overlapping another ship, it does not rotate 90° at the end of the template."

My question is this. Does this rule apply only if the maneuver ENDS in an overlap, or does it apply even if the maneuver template overlaps? The wording seems a bit ambiguous here to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the ship. The template may overlap other ships without consequences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schmitt
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thank you for the quick reply and for clearing this up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for overlapping ships, only the end position of the moving ship is considered, not the position of the template.

for overlapping obstacles then both the move template itself and the ship's end position will indeed incur an effect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
for overlapping ships, only the end position of the moving ship is considered, not the position of the template.

for overlapping obstacles then both the move template itself and the ship's end position will indeed incur an effect

If the template touches it's the obstacle's effect on the maneuver (skip take action, possible damage, stress for debris).

If the ship's final position overlaps, then there is a further effect: no attack for asteroids, no flipping for K-Turns, S-Loops and T-Rolls.

There could be other things I'm not listing, that's just off the top of my head examples. Simply illustrations of the two different states.

The same two levels exist for overlapping other ships, there is just no effect from the first level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.