Hide
15 Posts

Dark Moon» Forums » General

Subject: Looking for Fatigue Token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Torre
msg tools
Does anyone have a spare set? I will throw some dollars their way for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Milton
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Check with the publisher. I've never worked with this publisher, but most others tend to be great about this sort of thing and will just mail you one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Torre
msg tools
This one wants to charge me $6 for six fatigue tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Parts are expensive. You're paying the labor of someone having to pick the parts and package them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Torre
msg tools
That's quite a labor rate for 6 small cardboard token in a postage envelope. Other game publishers don't charge nearly as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vreeland
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's honestly a pretty fair rate for a bunch of parts that they are keeping on hand and have to go down to the warehouse and pull out of a box and pack into an envelope when someone requests it. Heck, that's about the price of any of those promos on the BGG store. Anyway if it's too much, maybe a DIY solution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Torre
msg tools
Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying. It's that I have dealt with three other board game publishers who sent me replacement parts for free. I guess in this case it's pay or DIY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some publishers won't even sell replacements parts. If you buy the game and the parts were missing that is one thing. But if you lost or damaged them it seems fair for them to charge. Does the $6 include postage? And $6 is a lot compared to "a fewsome dollars?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

For the record, since I am being called out here...

The game was purchased USED by this buyer. It was not new/shrink-wrapped.
[And I was not told this when the conversation stated either.]

We normally do not sell parts, period. But I want happy gamers playing my games, so I offered to do this for a small fee so that it would cover postage, padded envelope, parts, someone to do the work (there is a lot that goes into doing replacements - and we are not making money on this).
[What I got back was several emails of "Why so much? Can't it be less? Isn't there any other way?"]

The price was for everything including shipping of course.

Finally, theoretically, you don't need these tokens to play the game. You can make proxies if you want to do so.

Isn't it better to have all the facts than "this publisher is charging me for parts when others do not"?

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:

For the record, since I am being called out here...

The game was purchased USED by this buyer. It was not new/shrink-wrapped.
[And I was not told this when the conversation stated either.]

We normally do not sell parts, period. But I want happy gamers playing my games, so I offered to do this for a small fee so that it would cover postage, padded envelope, parts, someone to do the work (there is a lot that goes into doing replacements - and we are not making money on this).
[What I got back was several emails of "Why so much? Can't it be less? Isn't there any other way?"]

The price was for everything including shipping of course.

Finally, theoretically, you don't need these tokens to play the game. You can make proxies if you want to do so.

Isn't it better to have all the facts than "this publisher is charging me for parts when others do not"?

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

I was wondering why he needed 6 of them...

Oh and $6 in that case is definitely a deal. You should have grabbed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Dan,

Yes, I try to be somewhat reasonable with these, but these take TIME and MONEY to do. So, one should expect to pay - particularly for a USED game purchase - or if the price is too high (and that's ok), make proxies for the items (which is very easy in this case especially).

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:

Dan,

Yes, I try to be somewhat reasonable with these, but these take TIME and MONEY to do. So, one should expect to pay - particularly for a USED game purchase - or if the price is too high (and that's ok), make proxies for the items (which is very easy in this case especially).

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

I have dealt with your customer service before and had great results. I was worried that this was a change in your policies and am glad to hear that isn't the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my one experience with Steve, he was definitely fair.
He personally got involved and followed up to ensure my issue was resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hartwell
msg tools
Someone needs to say it

Jason Torre is not a Stronghold Games customer. He is a customer of whomever sold him the used copy.

He was offered to have the replacement parts mailed to him for a mere $6 and that was too much for him so he sent multiple emails and now a forum post about it? How absurd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Xroud wrote:
Does anyone have a spare set? I will throw some dollars their way for them.

I hate to pile on, but 'some dollars' is apparently all the publisher was asking for to supply the replacement parts, including shipping! So you're willing to spend 'some dollars', but I suppose less than $6? How much are you looking to save here then, at most $4? That's if you managed to find someone willing to take $2 to send you the tokens. Is all this fuss really worth $4?

Would you be willing to go for $3? You put up $3 and I'll cover the other $3. Dark Moon is a great game and I'd be happy to help you enjoy it with original components rather than proxies.

Stephen, just shoot me a message and I'll PayPal you the money, if that's okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.