$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 134.66

7,854 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: The Royal App treatment?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Zalizniak
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the new Mansions of Madness, I find myself hoping that maybe Descent will get the same sort of option for an app! I'm not sure about you guys, but I have trouble getting this to the table because I don't want to be the bad guy (and neither do my friends apparently).

What do we think the chances are? Does anyone feel this way too or nah?


meeple


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is this a joke? If it is, I don't get it. If not:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/477200/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fantasyfli...
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/road-to-legend/id1098000926?...

Edited to actually be a helpful post in case it wasn't a joke.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
Is this a joke? I don't get it.


Me neither...

Perhaps Peter is posting to us from within the T.A.R.D.I.S.? Some weird space-time paradox maybe??
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
Is this a joke? I don't get it. If not:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/477200/


No need to be snarky. It's entirely possible that OP doesn't realize that an App already exists for Descent: Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Road to Legend
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
slydog75 wrote:
Is this a joke? I don't get it. If not:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/477200/


No need to be snarky. It's entirely possible that OP doesn't realize that an App already exists for Descent: Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Road to Legend


I don't think he was being snarky, as he gave some helpful links.

The OP could easily done a tiny bit of research to find the app, it wouldn't of been that difficult; but rather than google it themselves they decided to post a thread. It seems a little lazy or as Slydog75 states maybe it is a joke that we are not getting.

And I am not trying to be rude, just honest.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The_Seagull wrote:
With the new Mansions of Madness, I find myself hoping that maybe Descent will get the same sort of option for an app! I'm not sure about you guys, but I have trouble getting this to the table because I don't want to be the bad guy (and neither do my friends apparently).

What do we think the chances are? Does anyone feel this way too or nah?


meeple




You're about to be so happy. Can you post a reaction video when you find out?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
Mishenka wrote:
slydog75 wrote:
Is this a joke? I don't get it. If not:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/477200/


No need to be snarky. It's entirely possible that OP doesn't realize that an App already exists for Descent: Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Road to Legend


I don't think he was being snarky, as he gave some helpful links.

The OP could easily done a tiny bit of research to find the app, it wouldn't of been that difficult; but rather than google it themselves they decided to post a thread. It seems a little lazy or as Slydog75 states maybe it is a joke that we are not getting.

And I am not trying to be rude, just honest.


Why even have this website? Why ask ANY questions, since 99% of answers could be found by Googling if you look hard enough?

It would be perfectly fine to ignore someones question, if you found it lazy or redundant. In that case, just don't say anything. Someone will have no problem with answering the question. Not everyone spends 20 hours a day on BGG and surfing Youtube videos on board games.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonbaz77 wrote:
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
Mishenka wrote:
slydog75 wrote:
Is this a joke? I don't get it. If not:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/477200/


No need to be snarky. It's entirely possible that OP doesn't realize that an App already exists for Descent: Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Road to Legend


I don't think he was being snarky, as he gave some helpful links.

The OP could easily done a tiny bit of research to find the app, it wouldn't of been that difficult; but rather than google it themselves they decided to post a thread. It seems a little lazy or as Slydog75 states maybe it is a joke that we are not getting.

And I am not trying to be rude, just honest.


Why even have this website? Why ask ANY questions, since 99% of answers could be found by Googling if you look hard enough?

It would be perfectly fine to ignore someones question, if you found it lazy or redundant. In that case, just don't say anything. Someone will have no problem with answering the question. Not everyone spends 20 hours a day on BGG and surfing Youtube videos on board games.


Jason, I think the point is that most questions asked on this site are not always easily answered, so need a thread, but that one was. A little effort from the op would have saved themselves sometime.

I found Adam's comment fair, and to be honest seeing him getting accused of being rude annoyed me; although, I am sure he doesn't care less.





2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
Well, even if there is an app, I read the post as hoping that the app would get more of the "Royal" treatment that MoM got. For example, after a mind numbing final battle in the Tekaris quest with a pack of flesh molders, a frontline of Shadow dragons, a siphoning boss, and the feedback ability of Runehand, I think most accountants would have been reduced to a drooling mess. Even using a secon set of tokens to track timing of damage, it was a mind numbing mess that brought the experience to a frustrating end. All players confessed afterwards to internally wishing we were killed off each turn.

Having played MoM, I really missed the monster health tracking. Not every little monster needs it, but it could help on bigger creatures that have over twenty health.

Also I would not mind some of the quest having the "template" treatment so that the maps were similar, but not always the same.

In the end, I look forward to both and all companion apps growing over the coming years. It is a good time to be a gamer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:

I found Adam's comment fair, and to be honest seeing him getting accused of being rude annoyed me; although, I am sure he doesn't care less.




Thanks, but yes, it didn't bother me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Zalizniak
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly didn't know, but thanks for the info.

No offense taken. I honestly figured that I would have heard of it if it existed so it was my own gaming arrogance that led to it.

Sheepishly yours...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hersey
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Seagull wrote:
I honestly didn't know, but thanks for the info.

No offense taken. I honestly figured that I would have heard of it if it existed so it was my own gaming arrogance that led to it.

Sheepishly yours...


It makes sense to me how you could miss it, especially if you don't subscribe to the Descent game page.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is actually very easy to miss. I learn about it because I`m subscribed to descent page so I kept reading about road to legend, I though it was a new box; then learn it was an app that make it fully coop... then though, I pass, then continue reading here and ask and learn how amazing it was.. got it lol

and google it? unless you hear about an app for this why would you just google: "does x has an app" I don't know you guys but I don't google if all my boardgames have come with an app..

@seagull ps you would love the app. In the game you cant be a OL in the sense of growing the map as you go and revealing stuff (guess could be homebrew but no officially) and this app aloud just that, which I think is awesome
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.