France '40» Forums » Rules

Subject: Strategic Rail Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Long Lance
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I count twelve coming in from starboard, Admiral.
badge
Fourteen from port side, sir!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does strategic rail movement just allow a unit to be put on the turn track for the following turn, to appear at any S or W hex they choose?

Or is it treated like rail movement, where the unit is Disrupted when it appears because it is considered to have just detrained?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United Kingdom
Ealing
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question, but I take it to mean that it arrives just like any other reinforcement, just one turn later and at a different location. Who knows when and where the "strategic" rail part of their movement happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Long Lance
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering if this perhaps could be one way to tweak Sickle Cut in favor of the Germans a bit. As it is, any S, SE or E reinforcement can be placed on the Turn Track and appear on the W hex near Abbeville next turn, and run into Abbeville using Strategic Movement as soon as it appears. It effectively makes Abbeville, the most critical hex in the game, the easiest to reinforce. The Allied player just has to keep one reinforcement in the "pipeline" each turn after the initial few turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan D
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
As I understand it, they enter a turn later at any S or W entry hex like a regular reinforcement. You do not have to use a train marker and there is no disruption. The "strategic rail" element happens off map. For example, if you get an out of position SE reinforcement, think of strategic rail movement meaning that it is loaded onto a train off map, then travels the long way through the still safe interior of France (ie through Paris or wherever) to arrive and disembark at a W or S entry hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Long Lance
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I think of it that way, it makes sense for them to appear disrupted, since they just disembarked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.