Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Thompson
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any major differences between the 2004 and Award Winner 2006 editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No substantive differences, just trivial differences in component quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The major difference is not in the 2004 versus 2006 editions, but rather the German made editions (which include early version of 2006) versus the later versions made in China. The quality of China made components is in my opinion vastly inferior in terms of durability, color fastness, paper quality, printing, etc. I much prefer the quality of the earlier German made editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, my first copy of the base game was from 2006 and it was perfect - beautiful. The second copy a couple years later (or thereabouts) was vastly inferior: namely the terrain tiles were bleached in color and the plastic in the US army figures was very poorly "set" with the result they were distinctly inferior in appearance and durability to the previous versions. DOW customer support did not recognize the problem, indicating to me it was a systemic issue with the Chinese version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.