Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game says 14+ while Lord of the Rings Risk says 9+ but I am doubtful of either claim. Does that seem appropriate for those that have played it?

If you've played both this and Lord of the Rings Risk, which do you think would be easier for a kid to understand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has to do with lead testing laws. If you say it's not a kid's toy, you don't have to pay to get it lead tested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured it had something to do with child testing. So what is a more appropriate age for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it's a 9/10+.

Obviously depends on the child, and 7/8 year old could understand it, but in terms of enjoying it? Maybe a wee bit older.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rosenberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say 11 and up, broadly. Younger kids could understand the mechanics, but there are lots of decisions to balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcnelsonjr wrote:
It has to do with lead testing laws. If you say it's not a kid's toy, you don't have to pay to get it lead tested.

Great news! So when I go broke due to my board gaming addiction I'll find all my games suitable for under age 14 in my collection and safely feed them to my kids!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anthony
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My youngest son is 9 and he caught on quickly. He hasn't won a game yet but he seems to have a good grasp on the rules and game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.