Support:

Thomas Turnasella
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher

Hello BGG!

My name is Tom, founder of Distant Screaming Games, and I'm the creator/illustrator/one-man-publisher of Monster Melee: The Monster Mashing Card Game! I'm happy to announce that after a successful Kickstarter in March, Monster Melee is finally available to the rest of the world.

I designed it to be a simple game, easy to pick up and learn, but also one that lends itself to a certain depth of strategy once you play it a few times. There's no dice, no board, no tokens. It combines the dueling nature of a card game like War with betting and bluffing aspects of Poker.

In the game, you'll find 2 different types of cards: Monster Cards and Fix Cards.

Monster Cards have 2 values: their Power Level at the bottom of the card, and their Gold Value at the top right.

Fix Cards can be used to alter the current fight in some way (ex. Monster gets +5 Power)

The game can be played by up to 4 people, with 2 being active at any given time. Players draw a hand and the two active players each choose a Monster Card from it to fight with, putting them down face up.

Once both Monsters are chosen, the active players can choose up to 3 cards in their hand to Bet, placed face down. Players can bet Monster Cards to try and win their Gold Value, or they can bet Fix Cards in order to secretly alter the outcome of the fight. Once a player earns 50 gold, they win the game.

For more info about the game, visit www.distantscreaminggames.com for Monster profiles, video links, reviews, rule sheets, and more.

If you have any questions or comments for me, I'd be happy to hear them all.

Thanks for checking out the game!

- Thomas Turnasella

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.