Hide
6 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: New Campaign (Mondays!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fox Reinard
msg tools
I have a game ready to go for Mondays, with two out of maximum five players so far. It is to be played on Roll20.net, with full game sessions as the intended play method. The game is similar to Vassal, played live.

I am thus looking for three more players, ostensibly with me as overlord, though I will warn that I am not the most experienced overlord and might not challenge you enough.

Post here if you can participate on Mondays, with a time range. Early or late, the game has no set schedule between those two who are already set to join. The coming Monday (Two days after this post) will probably not be a game start, but we can get those who are playing set up and getting to know everyone else in the game.

You will need to create a Roll20 account (which is free unless you want to throw money at Roll20)

-Details:
I have only implemented things that I physically own into the game. I don't mind if you don't own the same, but I don't have any information in the game that the Vassal module does not display.

I intend to either play Labyrinth of Ruin or Heirs of Blood. I have read all of LoR's quests and skimmed over HoB's. The only campaign I have any actual play experience with thusfar is the Shadow Rune and I am done with it.

I own every LT pack except Bol'Goreth (Probably will own that one soon), Lair of the Wyrm and Labyrinth of Ruin are the only boxed expansions I possess (May also soon own Shadow of Nerekhall)

I own all of the 1e heroes and monsters, and I will be using the hero and monster versions from Hero and Monster Expansions, as the Conversion Kit has never sat well with me for game balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd love to play. I haven't done much with descent yet though, my copy of the game arrives today in fact. If you'd prefer someone that knows the rules I understand.

Also I could only play if the game is late, after 9pm on a Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leonard
msg tools
I may be interested in this, but I have never played by Roll20.net (or Forum) so I am not sure what I would need to participate. Can you explain more or PM some more information?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Roll20 runs entirely in a web browser, so you shouldn't need much to get that working. All of the tiles, minis, and cards are displayed in the browser and the players can move them around in real time.

It also has a chat room built in so you can type questions and such back and forth. Fox Reinard has added a bunch of macros and other things to the game as well to streamline play quite a bit.

All that's truly required is a modern browser (on a computer, you can't join on Android or iOS) and a good internet connection. It might be helpful to own the game, but since all the components are built into Roll20 you could still participate just fine without.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leonard
msg tools
I'd definitely be interested to try it then. Just wondering, does Roll20 have the ability to save progress, in case we couldn't finish an encounter in a timely manner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It doesn't have a save feature in there, so you can't save/load your game. It does however remember the last state of the table, so if you quit mid game and resume later everything will be right where you left it. I think that's pretty much what you're looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.