Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my wife and I have watched a few reviews of the game. I'm interested and she might be but has one concern. She is concerned that whoever has the app will be having an enjoyable time while everybody else sits and watches/listens to them. For those of you who have the game, is that the case? Help me alleviate my wife's concern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Grogan
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
So my wife and I have watched a few reviews of the game. I'm interested and she might be but has one concern. She is concerned that whoever has the app will be having an enjoyable time while everybody else sits and watches/listens to them. For those of you who have the game, is that the case? Help me alleviate my wife's concern.

If the person who has the app wants to navigate thru the options simply because it's their device that the app is on, thats fine. But everyone inputs what they want to do on their turn and even has to solve puzzles using the app.
Its possible that each person clicks thru the options on the app during their turn and then passes the device to the next person, its up to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pass it around or put it on a bigger screen (propped up tablet/casted on TV)

I'm sure many will disagree but I do personally find the game does a little bit too much on the app. I still enjoyed the single solo game I did and would recommend giving it a playthrough but hope that in the future (this or other games) doesn't become even more app dependent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We like it on the big screen, but when we have use a tablet we pass it around to whomever's turn it is.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ronda
United States
flag msg tools
It's probably true for some. I don't feel that way personally, so in the last couple plays I gave a friend full control (except the active player does their own puzzles). I still managed to have a great time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone has a lot of fun being the app guy then I'm more than happy to let them control the app on my turn. You can split app duties however you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mcleod
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
One person reading aloud from the app is no different than one person reading aloud from a (mythos) card in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't want to touch the laptop we had running the app, because it wasn't mine, so we had the owner 'drive' - but the person whose actino it was called all the choices.

And we all had a great time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My iPad has one of the flip-cover stands, so I just set it in a place on the table where everyone can see it. Typically I will run the app as far as the general clicking, attacking, horror checks, etc. While I'm reading from the app, someone else on the board is discarding/placing tokens, placing monsters, and sifting through the tiles for exploring. This seems to work pretty well.

When it comes to interacting with an NPC though, we like to be silly and do voice acting, giving each NPC ridiculous character traits and accents. So we tend to pass the iPad around depending on whose turn it is. For puzzles, we have the iPad in front of the person attempting the puzzle, but we all look over their shoulder and help out.

Everyone has a different method, but I definitely don't think the person controlling the app is having the most fun. We try to split up the responsibilities as much as possible. That'd be the same as saying that whoever is setting up a board game and moving the pieces around is having the most fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
will witean

Colorado
msg tools
except for the beginning video and the end and puzzles only one person needs to see the app really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.